⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Grey chrome textures bug?

KentuckyFriedSpy

I haven't had that, BUT... I've played enough with power armours and weapons to know that none of those is actually using the chrome environment file. In fact, all those are using a metal environment reflection file.

I have no idea what causes it, but yeah, if I were to look somewhere I too would start with whatever mods you have that change reflections. Possibly some water mod or such?

I'm not using any mods that effect reflection, at least not any water or puddle mods.

How about glass clutter? It might have been added to one of the settlement crafting mods by accident. It's also highly possible it might have been a gun mod.

It would be easier for you to make new profile in Mod Organizer, start the game without mods and then activate textures/.esp in batches untill the bug appears.

Well, here's a simpler idea: both the T-51 AND the 10mm pistol use the Textures/Shared/Cubemaps/mipblur_DefaultOutside1.dds envmap. So just have a look at whether anything replaced specifically that one.

The easiest to do is look for loose files, namely if you have that file under Data/Textures. If you do, delete it and see what happens.

Well, here's a simpler idea: both the T-51 AND the 10mm pistol use the Textures/Shared/Cubemaps/mipblur_DefaultOutside1.dds envmap. So just have a look at whether anything replaced specifically that one.

The easiest to do is look for loose files, namely if you have that file under Data/Textures. If you do, delete it and see what happens.

I looked for those files, but the only mod I have that uses cube maps, uses its own custom named cube maps, and it's a scope mod.

I don't remember seeing the issue until after installing the Creation Kit so I'm wondering if that might have caused it, or if that's just when I noticed it.

Someone else has suggested that it could be an ini issue as well, but I have no idea what to look for in the ini file if that turns out to be the case.

Hmm, well, if nothing overrides that specific file, then we just disproved the idea that some mod changed the environment file. So you can save yourself the removing mods and whatnot.

Some ini change is a fair guess for what's left. I'm not exactly an expert there, though.

Hmm, well, if nothing overrides that specific file, then we just disproved the idea that some mod changed the environment file. So you can save yourself the removing mods and whatnot.

Some ini change is a fair guess for what's left. I'm not exactly an expert there, though.

It still might be packed into an .esp file. After checking the .ini files the only thing left to do is disabling .esp mods until she finds the culprit.