Steam vs. non-Steam version pros & cons

fgoron2000

I don't have ESOTU yet but planning on getting it sometime soon, I'm curious about any pros and cons whether to buy it from Steam or the ESO account site. I'm not necessarily interested in getting it through Steam, but it'll prolly be a better deal, since they have periodic sales on the game and/or crowns.

Any thoughts on any non-$$ pros or cons for getting it through Steam?

Thanks very much.

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Steam and retail version and the only difference with them is that the Steam version you can get steam trading cards, use the Steam Overlay and access ESO Community through the overlay. And If you do get it you should wait until its on sale in the Steam Store.

The Retail version has like 4-6 discs but you dont really need them since with the Retail version you can activate a code on the ESO webiste and download the installer and install the game. The discs are outdated since the game has had so many updates since its release. You can launch the retail version of the game through Steam and get the Steam overlay but it will act as a Non-Steam game and the Steam overlay will not give you links to guides, community hub of ESO.