What is "The Witcher?"

An awful lot seems to have happened between the end of The Witcher and the start of TW2

Only two things happened in between the end of TW1 and TW2. First, there was an assassination attempt on Foltest and Foltest starting a war with the la valletes over his two bastard children, which is rather clear from the start of the game.

Only thing which really bothers me in TW series is that TW2 is a stand alone version, meaning choices you made in TW1 have very little or none influence on the setting in TW2, which includes the identity quest from TW1. Considering that TW is story driven game, its a major bummer for me.

The reason im saying this is because in TW1 you basically define Geralts personality (identity), his ideals, beliefs, what is Geralt fighting for, love, friendship etc. In TW2 Geralt is getting his memory back, he remembers Yennefer, Ciri, pogrom of none-humans in Rivia, his death and so on (Triss mentions to Geralt in TW1 that she would rather let Geralt re-discover his identity and not tell him all about him as it may trigger events from his past, which basically did happen in TW2). In TW1 if you choose to hand over Alvin to Triss and declare your love to Triss, you can read in jurnal "i have a feeling i once loved a sorceress deeply", at that point i thought Geralt refers to Triss, In TW2 you find out it is most likely Yennefer.

What im saying is that i prefer to learn about Geralt as i play the game(s) rather then having it read somewhere, assuming you haven't read the books, in which case you know all there is to know about Geralt. Besides, this game is about Geralt, reading all about him would be a major spoiler.

An awful lot seems to have happened between the end of The Witcher and the start of TW2

Only two things happened in between the end of TW1 and TW2. First, there was an assassination attempt on Foltest and Foltest starting a war with the la valletes over his two bastard children, which is rather clear from the start of the game.

Only thing which really bothers me in TW series is that TW2 is a stand alone version, meaning choices you made in TW1 have very little or none influence on the setting in TW2, which includes the identity quest from TW1. Considering that TW is story driven game, its a major bummer for me.

The reason im saying this is because in TW1 you basically define Geralts personality (identity), his ideals, beliefs, what is Geralt fighting for, love, friendship etc. In TW2 Geralt is getting his memory back, he remembers Yennefer, Ciri, pogrom of none-humans in Rivia, his death and so on (Triss mentions to Geralt in TW1 that she would rather let Geralt re-discover his identity and not tell him all about him as it may trigger events from his past, which basically did happen in TW2). In TW1 if you choose to hand over Alvin to Triss and declare your love to Triss, you can read in jurnal "i have a feeling i once loved a sorceress deeply", at that point i thought Geralt refers to Triss, In TW2 you find out it is most likely Yennefer.

What im saying is that i prefer to learn about Geralt as i play the game(s) rather then having it read somewhere, assuming you haven't read the books, in which case you know all there is to know about Geralt. Besides, this game is about Geralt, reading all about him would be a major spoiler.

Thank you for forwarding what was my point. TW series should be stand alone from the books, and as much as it would make some fans unhappy, it would be better for people who are new to the franchise without them saying "WTF". Sure I like to find things on my own but I like to do it within the game, not by searching wikis and become spoiled with spoilers. Also agree on TW saves not having an major impact on TW2.