Automatron files..?

JuJooGuppy

So, I booted up Automatron, and will be busy with it for a bit. But I noted that, it wasn't added to my plugin.txt like most DLC (And it works fine, it just doesn't seem to get added this way). So then I was wondering, where exactly are the files then?

But I am more curious to how Automatron is functioning. It seems to just be built into the game itself rather than a normal DLC? I will say, when I did my initial extraction of game assets awhile back, I had a folder in the meshes portion called "create a bot" that had pieces from many bots already. So, I am curious if maybe this was a planned feature that didn't get finished...

Still though, not sure where to find the new assets at. Anyone know? No rush, since I will be playing anyway, but I couldn't find them last I looked.

Edited by JuJooGuppy

Still though, not sure where to find the new assets at. Anyone know? No rush, since I will be playing anyway, but I couldn't find them last I looked.

Fallout4/data/

DLCRobot - Geometry.csg

DLCRobot - Main.ba2

DLCRobot - Textures.ba2

DLCRobot - Voices_en.ba2

EDIT: And I think it's added not to plugins.txt but to <username>/appdata/local/fallout4/DLClist.txt

Edited by PoliteRaider

I didn't see it on either of the list, but couldve missed it I suppose. Not sure how I missed the BA2's, I guess because I was looking for Automatron. Silly on my part, thanks, kinda feel bad that I missed them :smile:

Thanks again!

It's easily done when you're looking for something and it doesn't look like what you expected.

I'm not actually sure though if it is added to the DLClist. It's not on mine, but I kept mine accidentally on read-only while I installed Automatron so I assumed that was my own mistake. I haven't had a chance to load it up yet and see if it works.

I had that problem also. There was no way to disable Automatron either from within the game or from NMM. It just works differently from previous Bethesda Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. Unchecking from within Steam would uninstall DLC and remove all of its files which can be a workaround but requires time to download it again.

Not sure if this is an oversight from Bethesda or if it's intentional. But it would make it inconvenient to test mods with and without the DLC.

I had that problem also. There was no way to disable Automatron either from within the game or from NMM. It just works differently from previous Bethesda Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. Unchecking from within Steam would uninstall DLC and remove all of its files which can be a workaround but requires time to download it again.

Not sure if this is an oversight from Bethesda or if it's intentional. But it would make it inconvenient to test mods with and without the DLC.

Very true and not something I had considered. I actually like that the DLC's are seperate, though. Takes less plugin slots, and just prefer it this way myself (Though disabling should be an option.)

• 1 year later...