Daggerfall: Elder Scrolls II

KennethKarl

Well I started lots of new games and one point even thought doing main quest. Bad idea, main quest realy should be left for time when you know the game very well. But the reasons to play Daggerfalls endgame were to recive deaderic daikatan and contract lychantropy. I did fail the later, but in process learned a lot about guilds and ranking up in them. WIth enough rank you gain access to item enchanter and spell creator and then the fun begins. I confinded myself mostly city quests and avoided dungeons untill I got a cart and horse. Later I started to do dungeon quests, but usually took a big break after. What realy helped me at start was the Ebony Dager you can get through questions. Since it could harm most creatures, later I got nice upgrade when I managed to snag a mithril daikatana in one big dungeon. It was so worth it, geting the sword and high tailing it out of there, with monsters baying at the heels. And when you reach the outside, ahh what a relief.

It takes soooo much patiance to get that far! For me any way. I do hate getting lost in the dungeons! But I love the scale of the game. 18,000 square miles!! No joke. Compared to Morrowinds 10, or Cyrodiil's 16. The scope of this game is incredible.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I remember something along those lines. It was pretty bare though.... I ended up leaving piles of 'stuff' in various rooms.

There was an exploit where you could steal a bunch of daedric equipment from the sleeping area of an inn somewhere.... made some GOOD money, but, it was tough getting out alive.

• 1 month later...

I think I remember something along those lines. It was pretty bare though.... I ended up leaving piles of 'stuff' in various rooms.

There was an exploit where you could steal a bunch of daedric equipment from the sleeping area of an inn somewhere.... made some GOOD money, but, it was tough getting out alive.

18,000 SQ of a whole-lota-nothin' ! ANd the towns start to look very very similar.

• 1 month later...
<br />
<br />I think I remember something along those lines. It was pretty bare though.... I ended up leaving piles of 'stuff' in various rooms.<br /><br />There was an exploit where you could steal a bunch of daedric equipment from the sleeping area of an inn somewhere.... made some GOOD money, but, it was tough getting out alive.<br />
<br /><br />18,000 SQ of a whole-lota-nothin' ! ANd the towns start to look very very similar.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Not at all.

Its just, that you must work for it, scout the wilderness, find maps to reveal long lost locations, look for clues in books etc. Its not like "Oh look a spooky ruin full of treasures!" and after a moment of aimless wandering "Oh look another cool location!" like every five minutes.

This post serves only as a suggestion and may not represent actual game-play experience. I do not endorse, nor suggest to read it and act upon the information hereby presented. Use at your own risk!

All rights reserved.

Edited by dannyfx1

I used DOSBox for Arena and Daggerfall, got some terrible lag, not sure why but I really didn't feel like troubleshooting.

You have to set the emulator's speed. I think it's Ctrl + F12, if I'm not mistaken.

The people behind the project most likely ran out of steam when they realised what a huge undertaking recreating all of Daggerfall would be.

Yeah, that's like trying to mow a football field with a pocketknife.