Final Build

yaa, idk if ill be building a PC anymore...

got into an accident today, totaled my car...i have a truck as well, technically my dads, so idk if hell make me buy another car this summer or not. if he doesnt, then ill go ahead with the PC, if he does, then no PC till next summer :'(

WD is a lot more reliable than segate.

You can't unlock 6950s anymore.

Not really, just because Seagate had the "7200.11" incident doesn't mean it's instantly less reliable. All it does is damage their reputation to the weary consumer. Just like what the "Deathstar" did to Hitachi a few years back.

You can still unlock 6950's, you just need to find one with a reference pcb, like the MSI HD6950 twin frozer II for example.

Edited by N3C14R

its official. no new PC.

my dad seems to think ill have enough money to get both...and there is a slight maybe, but i also have to have money saved up for college for fall and spring semesters. its really really cheap but ya, there is like 7-8 month gap of no money income so i need to have as much saved up as possible. i am making $3 more then last summer so thats where the slight maybe comes in but ya. :/

so i have a question. as ive said i might be able to build the PC at the end of the summer or i might have to wait until next summer, but in either case the new AMD bulldozer should be out (set for Q2 of this year and thats right around now i think) so by the time im ready to build my PC i might switch to that if it lives up to its hype.

my question is, is what do i need for a motherboard? i know it has to be AM3 right? i just dont know what makes a good motherboard and what doesnt? so what would be a good one to use?

also would this RAM work with the chosen motherboard (the one you choose). i think it would, but ya cause ive read that just because it says its built for intel boards doesnt really mean anything, that it works with both. i already bought the RAM so id like to be able to use it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231311&cm_re=g.skill_8gb_ddr3-_-20-231-311-_-Product