OBSE: "Unknown version of Oblivion"

I have been running Oblivion with several mods and OBSE v0020 for over a month now without any problems. Today, however, I had been playing and then exited Oblivion to change some mods in the load order. After that I can't run it with OBSE anymore for some reason: "You have an unknown version of Oblivion"... I have no idea what happened and would rather not run it without OBSE as some of my mods depend on it. Appreciate any help...

That is odd :confused:. The only thing I could think of trying would be to replace the Oblivion .ini (may not help at all) or some other mandatory file which may contain the install information with a clean install one. I don't currently have Oblivion installed so I cant snoop around the folders, but hopefully this helps :sweat:

Uh, now it works again... :/ All I did was reboot my computer... I have the latest version of Oblivion, don't remember what that is, 1.2-something, but I'm sure I have it as I have the GOTY edition. I guess I'd better get ready to re-install Oblivion... until then, I'll just cross my fingers. :P Thanks guys.

EDIT

Oh, while i'm at it I have one more thing I'm concerned about: My Oblivion often crashes when I exit the game. This isn't really a problem since I have ample time to save before I exit, but it worries me. Should I be worried? The game rarely crashes in-game (Unlike Morrowind *shivers*), but _often_ (not always) crashes when I exit, as said. Anyone that might have any idea why?

Edited by NocturneNight

Add the FastExit mod - it helps with that problem. Also suggest adding weOCPS (Winston Earle's Oblivion Crash Prevention System)

Add the FastExit mod - it helps with that problem. Also suggest adding weOCPS (Winston Earle's Oblivion Crash Prevention System)

Thanks for the advice. I take it it's a common problem then. :)