Assign body type to a race

Faivon

Ola~

Sorry I'm just a newbie in modding, I just wanted to know is it possible to assign a certain body type to one race only? custom race to be particular. Let's say I wanted to assign Breezes Vascular Male Normal Maps to.. Synx male race and I'm using Robert Male Replacer v4 for other races. Is it possible?

I can't find the option to do that in CS. All I found was the option to pick the texture, not the...body type or meshes...

No, you can only change the texture in the CS. The game engine prevents one from assigning a body type to each race.

Bodies with an auto-equip script, that cannot be taken off unless you put clothes on, however, can work--apply the scripted effect as an ability on the race. I don't know how to write these scripts though.

@BlackBaron2 : I see... Hope that Skyrim will allow different body types in CS tho. Ah, yes the set body type spell.. Tried that out, very handy spell indeed. LFact just linked me a modder resource script. Let's see if I can make it to work~

@LFact : Now that looks interesting. I will see what I can work out with that. Thanks! :D

Drake TheDragon's Argonian Beautification/Scripted Argonian Feet setup allows a different body type for Argonians. Warning: You also need a specific clothing replacer to match the body chosen. Work is in progress to do something similar for the Khajiit race.

Since the vascular normal map is just a normal map that gets associated with a texture, do you really need to script a body replacer to use it? Seems like you could just rename it to go along with whatever the Synx texture is named. Just curious, as I don't have the Synx mod myself.

RP