OCO2 - Body Replacers?

Prenihility

Says that body replacers and Blockhead have to be installed first before going ahead with the installation of OCO2. However, it doesn't actually say it's mandatory. Now, i've installed Blockhead.. i think. I don't know how i could check to see if it's even working.

But as for the body replacers. Should i install one? And if so, which one?

Oblivion Character Overhaul v2 is designed to work with the vanilla game bodies right out of the box.

If you decide to use one of the various body replacers then you need to install the matching OCOv2 compatibility patches. To insure that you have all of the correct files install order is important. Many, though not all of OCO v2's and all of the body replacers files work as a simple replacer for the vanilla game files (i.e. they work without help from an ESP and so need to use the exact file name and folder path the vanilla game uses ... hence there can only be one and last installed wins). This is also the reason that archive invalidation is required (see the sticky post).

For females the most popular and widely supported body is HGEC (the other main option is Roberts Female Body v13). For HGEC I recommend EVE HGEC Eyecandy Variants Expansion ... the reason being it comes with a complete clothing and armor HGEC compatible replacer (as does the Roberts female). Having a compaible clothing/armor replacer will prevent weird texture issues on any exposed skin areas of the clothes/armor when using a non-vanilla body.

For male the only choice is RobertMaleBodyReplacerV52. It also comes with a complete clothing/armor replacer.

One caveat when using Robert male plus OCO v2 ... do not activate (or even install) the ESP file that comes with Roberts male (MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp). The ESP that comes with OCO v2 (Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp) takes it's place.

Edited by Striker879