Legacy of Skynet

Cyberweasel89

I think the idea with Skynet's personality in Fallout 2, and thus the "simpleton dialogue" is that... he's a bit of a whacky AI.

Anyway, any idea where Skynet should be located? You know, where the player finds him?

It should probably be somewhere where no other followers are found.

Edited by Cyberweasel89

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are god....

Bull...

I think he meant god in that I'm shaping the mod the way I want, Sheogorath.

And yeah, I saw the wiki entry, thanks :P

I know, i just wanted to stick in that extra comment...and rile up all the religious zealots and extremists who are for some strange reason reading about Fallout mod requests.

Edit: As for the location, what about REPCONN HQ, maybe visiting his robot bros or somethin'?

Edited by TheMightyLordSheogorath

Hmm... Maybe in a cave somewhere? What's a cave in Fallout: New Vegas that has very little to recommend it?

I figure Skynet was traveling and ultimately busted down. That would either put him in a secluded, out-of-the-way location one would go to while exploring, in someone's residence attempting to fix it, or a junk yard.

I'd love to play Fallout 2 again so I could help with the script, but it's not on my computer anymore. I'd install it again, but I can't find where the disc is... It's weird, I can find the box, but not the damn disc.

Ya know... I'd heard mention of mods for Fallout 2. But I never figured out where one got them or how one installed them. Specifically, a mod to make Davin or Miria actually an asset instead of a burden, or an unofficial patch. Hm...

Hmm... Maybe in a cave somewhere? What's a cave in Fallout: New Vegas that has very little to recommend it?

I figure Skynet was traveling and ultimately busted down. That would either put him in a secluded, out-of-the-way location one would go to while exploring, in someone's residence attempting to fix it, or a junk yard.

I'd love to play Fallout 2 again so I could help with the script, but it's not on my computer anymore. I'd install it again, but I can't find where the disc is... It's weird, I can find the box, but not the damn disc.

Ya know... I'd heard mention of mods for Fallout 2. But I never figured out where one got them or how one installed them. Specifically, a mod to make Davin or Miria actually an asset instead of a burden, or an unofficial patch. Hm...

1. You could simply add a cave somewhere...wait, what if Skynet's weapons were disabled and they were stuck in that cave in the Deathclaw Quarry by Sloan? You could make him hidden from 'em or something like that.

2. Maybe Old Lady Gibson could have scavenged him, and it'd be an ED-E like repair thing.

3. Maybe a trader who sells robots like the one who sells you RL-3, like maybe have a high Speech or Barter to convince him to sell you Skynet, instead of too a different person.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but...

NOW you want to help, Mr. TheMightyTrollSheogorath?

:/ just throwing around some ideas, cyberjerk89.

Edit: Besides, I helped start this thread. I could end it too...*stares at screen intensly* ARGH! Maybe not...

Edited by TheMightyLordSheogorath