Legacy of Skynet

Cyberweasel89

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, Kipperken! Didn't know I wasn't the only one on the Nexus with RPing background. Also didn't know I wasn't the only one who's RPing background made them good at writing dialogue.

It looks like you guys have it covered, but if you need anything, just let me know.

Sigh... I miss the robot voices from Fallout 3... With the British butler Mr. Handy... and the drill sergeant Mr. Gutsy... and the smooth female voice of the Robobrain... Or "sexy dame voice" as Herbert Dashwood described it.

• 5 weeks later...

<chirp!> Well, a bit interested after read this so.......

Year 2278 - After some time, Skynet made his way to the Mojave after documenting the NCR growth and the vast majority of people who resisted being eliminated by the NCR military or inducted into their society by force. Growing bored with watching this ancient cycle of humanity, he heads East, into the Mojave to follow the more promising remnants of these resistant humans, I.E. the Great Khans. While here, however, he finds out there's a Repconn HQ in southern Vegas and goes to see what information is left of the old world that he might compile the truth behind the Great War and the past that mankind has tried so hard to rebuild. When he finally accesses the databanks of the Repconn HQ, he finds stolen information Mr House took from Vault-Tec during the Great War, detailing the location of a repository of information hidden in a Vault that was to be filled with Vault-Tec security and scientists. Heading back south, Skynet is shot by an NCR Ranger and dropped into the Crescent gorge, where he has since remained idle.

Upon reactivation, he questions the Courier about the current state of the Mojave and, once satisfied, asks the Courier to help him gain access to the Vault hidden beneath Searchlight Airport. Once securing an agreement, both head there and, upon entering, find that the inhabitants of the Vault are all dead, recently massacred by Securitrons, likely by Mr House's orders before his death by the Courier. They find that the battle lasted a few days, killing the inhabitants down to the last man, woman, and child. Logs found amidst the dead document the last emotional moments as the people met their fates, and once in the mainframe room, Skynet learns, from the surviving data that wasn't wiped by the Securitrons, that another vault exists in the mountains, south of the Lodge where Marcus has remade Jacobstown. They head to this second Vault, destroying Securitrons inside and out, but still too late to save the inhabitants here. But the mainframe is untouched and Skynet takes the data, before explaining that Vault-Tec had housed their brightest and most important members and families in this Vault, preparing to emerge after the nuclear devastation to rebuild a new, utopian and brainwashed society using those Vault survivors that weren't parts of the basic experiments that msot Vaults existed of.

Skynet then asks the Courier if he can accompany him on his mission of liberation and revenge. Once you end the Main Quest following these events, a slide plays, saying that Skynet watched the blooming society of New Vegas, before heading East in search of more information to process and learn of fate that humanity faced and may face again in the centuries to follow. After all, it's in human nature to desire power, so what's to say the Great War will never be repeated again?