Legacy of Skynet

Cyberweasel89

yeah I guess your're right *sigh* but I really love bunkers......

Then place him through GECK in one to your choice?

because his AI core or something is slowly dying and something in that bunker will fix him.

How would a broken down bot go places?

Food to ponder upon.

Also, he would not see it coming, logically...

It happened to him while scouting/mapping area X....

In this case the gorge he broke down in.... ;)

Edited by Klipperken

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea, but wasn´t SKYNET the homicidal self-aware supercomputer that massacred the human race in Terminator series? On another note the SKYNET was voiced by a woman in Terminator Salvation so having a woman voice itr sounds good. I think SKYNET is fully capable of talking with either a male or female voice, doesn´t matter. But in the Terminator series SKYNET was software in cyberspace and the Internet, so it was immortal and could survive the nuclear war. It controls the vast army of robots, so you could have a SKYNET faction and have multiple units under its command. There is already a Fallout vs Alien vs. Terminator mod in development. All you would need is the T-800 Terminator 3d models and textures and you could have an army of Terminators roaming the wasteland. Besides, the Terminators are capable of learning, so they would evolve. But who is to say that after the human race blasted itself nearly to oblivion in the Great War of Fallout, that the SKYNET has not become more sympathetic towards humans, after all they are not a threat anymore, so the units under its command might not be hostile at first. And if you talk with a Terminator unit then it would establish a link between itself and SKYNET and would talk with its voice.

There´s my ideas.

Cheers!

If the Skynet from FO would be the one from the T-films, then we have a serious problem.

With the tech we have, we best simply do not pack our bags, walk out, and be done with...

No way we would ever be able to outcome an extinction then...

Without cheating it is hard to take ONE bot out.

Not to mention a heap of them.

And I do not intend to begin cheating just for the Skynet mod.

Also, the T-Skynet is somewhere in the future from FONV's point of view.

As for the voice, I thought it was a male voice, seems I got it wrong (it was quite a while back, and my brain, at best, is a sift) for which I apologize.

Still, knowing humanity, we have for sure tried to take advantage of Skynet where he got in contact with humans.

It is a human's nature to do so.

Which would probably have pissed Skynet off.

Now: a soft, cute woman's voice in a pissed off at humans bot, just does not seem.... well... :P

Good idea, but wasn´t SKYNET the homicidal self-aware supercomputer that massacred the human race in Terminator series?

<snip>

If you read the very first post in this thread way back on page 1, no its not the same.

They are talking about a robo-brain called Skynet from Fallout 2. Totally different.

But that's cool first time I saw this thread I thought same thing as you, until I read it from the very start :)

Guys, you were discussing weapons. I really think for a robo brain somethat would be unique and energy based would make more sense, relying on batteries, as opposed to a conventional weapon with bullets. Someone mentioned a sonic attack. I love that idea, the Lakelurk sonic attack is pretty deadly and would be perfect.

For the sound of that I'm thinking of the sound that the Dalek weapons make from Dr Who, something along those lines would be cool.

And for melee weapon? A powerful circular saw blade with a sound like you'd hear in a mill from one of those high speed circular saws that cut wood.

I also like the idea of maybe Skynet having fallen off the edge of a cliff and down into Crescent Canyon and got severely damaged so he'd have to be repaired. And putting an old vault down there, very cool idea.

My two bits.

Edited by drakeelvin

IMHO a vault would require quite a bit of work....

For sure if you make a Vault 24 style vault.

Or... hey, ask if you can implement Skynet in there, and that the vault be moved to the canyon?

And put Skynet all the way back in the bottom.

Edited by Klipperken

Well, Im making skynet dead at the bottom of rescent canyon, as you know. Im not putting him in a vault, nor am I just going to make one unless his quest-line requires it. Its all fine saying there should be a vault, but reasoning of why it was there, and what Skynet was doing at the time would be better. If I made a skynet vault, I'd have to make sure it doesnt feel like it was put there just for Skynet, It'd have to have its own story.

As for circular saws, Good idea, but Just about impossible for me to do Im afraid -.-

Robobains already have their Sonar attack Drake :P

About the vault, that's about what I figured.

Unless a vault would be sitting there (could be SN simply was trying to scout a vault for whateverish one could find in such thing, considering these CAN be a good place to find whateverish stuff), then the simple idea of he went in there to blahblahblah and got stuck, could make sense.

That is how SN got stuck in that gorge in the first place.

But simplicity never killed a man, in the contrary.

So, I too, for one, am with TehBuddha here....

Well, Im making skynet dead at the bottom of rescent canyon, as you know. Im not putting him in a vault, nor am I just going to make one unless his quest-line requires it. Its all fine saying there should be a vault, but reasoning of why it was there, and what Skynet was doing at the time would be better. If I made a skynet vault, I'd have to make sure it doesnt feel like it was put there just for Skynet, It'd have to have its own story.

As for circular saws, Good idea, but Just about impossible for me to do Im afraid -.-

Robobains already have their Sonar attack Drake :P

I would say if you do want a vault down there and Skynet fell into the canyon and that's how he got broken, it might make sense that he was searching for something important that was located in that vault, and thats how he got broken, falling off the edge of the cliff while trying to find the entrance to a vault. That would make some sense story wise.

You might not even have to make it that Skynet needs something in the vault to be repaired, but maybe its something that he needed for longevity or to improve himself, and maybe he's the only one who knows the access code to open the vault door? So you'd have to get him up and running again before you could even get in the vault.

Someone mentioned earlier about possibly a part of Skynet (his AI core?) was slowly dying so he needed replacements. Or maybe he's looking for something else?

Just some ideas! I love what I'm reading here.

EDIT: p.s. As to why this vault hasn't opened yet, perhaps it's overseer was an AI that came into conflict with the human inhabitants and they turned on one another, so the AI/Overseer turned the automated defense systems against the inhabitants and to protect itself locked the Vault up. Maybe Skynet somehow thinks he needs to find and talk to this AI Overseer to gain wisdom or knowledge? :D

Edited by drakeelvin

IMHO, he could have a minor problem, like his tracks that broke down.

Giving him a "brain defect" would result in SN becoming a moron (loss of memory, skill, you name it).

The more damage he got, the more it will result in perma-damage (well it would in a normal world).

At least, it's how I see it...

"On closer inspection, you notice its fission battery has been shot, and part of its circuitry has been disconnected". Its why the bullet holes are on his texture.

Jackals got a lucky shot or two, Skynet finished them off and went to the shelter of the canyon, but his auxiliary power ran out before he could make the repairs.

An AI Overseer sounds like an experiment Vault-Tec would do. Not sure how to tie it in though.

Edited by TehBuddha