Different look and model for Legendary items

azrielmoha

Self explanatory, it's really boring to found a legendary item that's no different than its normal counterparts, aside from stats different, there's no real difference between legendary and normal item, seriously, it's bugging me out.

If anyone could make this, I shall rain kittens and puppies upon you.

This is an issue they've had since fallout 3 honestly. Even truly unique and named weapons within the game (e.g. Kellog's Pistol) don't have appearances that you can't just copy with mods. The "regular" legendary items (like Staggering Combat Shotgun or Assassin's Combat Knife) are all generated randomly so it would be hard to give them each a unique appearance. But I think the truly unique weapons should at least look somewhat different.

How about use one of those craftable legendary mods and make the legendaries is act like a item mod, and make that mod to change the item appearance, does something like that possible? Just a thought

The problem is you would either have to limit a legendary to a single item, have it look the same on every single weapon/armor (which would look really bad, even if it was a small decal or visual effect, you wouldn't be able to change the orientation/position it attaches), or make a different version of the legendary for every single weapon/armor. I highly doubt it is ever going to happen. I agree with ddavies though, it would be nice if they had made all the named unique's actually look different (rather than just the few like Kremvah's Tooth).

How about use one of those craftable legendary mods and make the legendaries is act like a item mod, and make that mod to change the item appearance, does something like that possible? Just a thought

The problem is you would either have to limit a legendary to a single item, have it look the same on every single weapon/armor (which would look really bad, even if it was a small decal or visual effect, you wouldn't be able to change the orientation/position it attaches), or make a different version of the legendary for every single weapon/armor. I highly doubt it is ever going to happen. I agree with ddavies though, it would be nice if they had made all the named unique's actually look different (rather than just the few like Kremvah's Tooth).

Yeah, it would be too complicated, but I would like to see someone tried thou.

So someone should retexture and gave new looks for legendary NAMED items such as the Kellog Pistol, maybe give it a more high tech looks.