oblivion VS window 7

ivyislost

I have been running this game on xp no problem for years, updated to windows 7 my head ache turned into a two week fight where im about to just give up......-sighs-

I am running windows 7 home premium edition

Processor: AMD Athlon64

x2 dual core processor 3800+ 2.00GHz

installed ram is 3.50 gb

system type 32 bit

graphics card ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

It crashes at desktop or even worse on attempts to reinstal its telling me crazy stuff that makes no sence like voice1bsa doesn't match one on cab etc and this is just becoming a major headache.....

and by the way its even telling me that the (brand new game out of the box into drive) source file is corrupted O.o;;;;; -is seriously considering reinstalling windows xp and telling win 7 to suck.....yeah you get the picture XP -

First thing to do - install the game to C:\Games\Oblivion, NOT the default install path. The game was written pre-Windows Vista, and so doesn't take account of UAC which mucks up all kinds of things. Bben46 has written an uninstall/reinstall guide HERE.

The game DOES work ok on Win7 - my own setup is very close to yours with a slightly faster processor, but works smoothly.

-sighs- mmmmk here is what it says

CRC error: The file C:\Program Files\Games\Data\Oblivion-Voices1.bsa doesn't match the file in the setup's.cab file.

The medium from which you are running the setup my be corrupted; contact your software vendor......

this is the same kind of error im getting on another game however its brand spanking new from the case o.o;

with it i have no video >.< however, i do have the hud no screen T-T;

Sounds very much like a dodgy disk - I have seen new software with an error before. You could try copying the CAB file to your hard drive, then using Universal Extractor to extract the dodgy bsa file.

The copy to hard drive will prove whether it's a data error reading the DVD - if it fails you know the disk is physically faulty. If the Universal Extractor can't pull the bsa file out, it could be a corrupted file on the DVD from a faulty manufacturing pressing.

Edited by MarkInMKUK