Vigor drain on all actions

darkcreep

I too cant see the correlation between planting a bomb or a trap and a drain on vigor, either action would certainly take a lot less energy that fighting a full blown battle, dodge/daggers makes sense as you will have to be fast to use them effectively,

I too cant see the correlation between planting a bomb or a trap and a drain on vigor, either action would certainly take a lot less energy that fighting a full blown battle, dodge/daggers makes sense as you will have to be fast to use them effectively,

You don't plant bombs, you throw them. How is that different from throwing daggers?

• 1 month later...

Similarly to the OP I'd be quite interested in making dodging have a substantial vigor cost comparable to the drain from blocking as it is now while simultaneously reducing the vigor reduction from blocking and limiting blocking to only Geralt's front area (effectively negating/replacing the parry in all directions upgrade).

Anybody know how I might go about assigning that vigor drain to dodging?

Now ideally I'd want to assign a small continuous drain to vigor while running aswell (or better yet, stop vigor regeneration while running altogether) in order to remove the possibility of farming enemies to death through spells or riposte attacks with short hit and run attacks, but I doubt that'd be possible without stopping vigor regeneration in combat in general (I guess that should be feasible, considering how combat vigor regeneration is obviously implemented as a simple modifiable value ingame).

I believe additionally balancing those modifications with a somewhat increased starting maximum vigor would make combat a lot more believable with less frequent ridiculous Unnecessary Combat Rolls and sensibly remove the possibility to recover from fatigue in the middle of combat (which should be tiring in general no matter whether you're dodging and rolling around, wrestling with foes in close combat and flailing around with a sword or parrying attacks), thus encouraging you to realistically bring any combat to an end quickly ere you get tired and thus prone to f*** up.