The Best Settlement?

Fatalmasterpiece

I just realized you can build on much of the overpass highway up above Greygarden overlooking the West Side of Boston. This is going to be awesome, am building my Survival playthrough home here :D

You can build on the overpass above Finch Farm, too. =^[.]^=

With new survival, hangman's alley is the best, it is center of the map, has only three approaches and is easily defended or just blocked off. It is where I keep all my companions.

A combo of hang mans alley and egret tours marina for easy acces. You can build a city at the marina . Making a robot city at the Slog, no ghouls allowed

Waiting for GECK specifically to spruce up hangman's alley and create a bit more open area if possible, besides slightly increasing the height limit will see what I can do about a convincing mortar mount off the side of a building along with creaitng a few built in floors/stairs between the buildings for premium shanty-town experience I couldn't accomplish with vanilla parts due to AI being unable to navigate around the mess of ladders I had to use.

Or someone else will do it first and way better than me.

With new survival, hangman's alley is the best, it is center of the map, has only three approaches and is easily defended or just blocked off. It is where I keep all my companions.

A combo of hang mans alley and egret tours marina for easy acces. You can build a city at the marina . Making a robot city at the Slog, no ghouls allowed

Waiting for GECK specifically to spruce up hangman's alley and create a bit more open area if possible, besides slightly increasing the height limit will see what I can do about a convincing mortar mount off the side of a building along with creaitng a few built in floors/stairs between the buildings for premium shanty-town experience I couldn't accomplish with vanilla parts due to AI being unable to navigate around the mess of ladders I had to use.

Already increased the height for building in it for mine. makes it so much better.

Already increased the height for building in it for mine. makes it so much better.

how did you do that? (learning my way threw fo4 edit.

I'm fairly sure that there's a mod to allow you to build higher. I still like Sanctuary, except for the 50 or so Minutemen hanging around near my workbench. They've been there ever since I finished the main quest, they don't do anything and they don't show up on the number of settlers. Hopefully, in the event of an attack they would be of some help.

I also quite liked Warwick Homestead and Jamaica Plains, however I scrapped some of the buildings (including the processing tanks, the lagoons and the water at Warwick) and built some quite nice 3 storey buildings. The next time that I returned to both, the scrapped buildings had reappeared (cell reset bug presumably) in the middle of my new buildings.