The Mod Configuration Menu

Pelinor

Well, once this releases, I'll have no excuse not to port my menu heavy mod to NV. Only reason I've been holding of is because of all the new menus I'd have to add for NV. This could make it easier.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bug report:

When not adding the XML include and activating the master anyway, it locks up when opening the pause menu.

Thanks! Fixed. That must the only thing I forgot to test again when I changed it to a independent system. That reminds me: it doesn't even need to be an .esm anymore. (Edit: Yes it does... the menus are expecting it to be *.esm, so no reason for them to be changing it.)

Is it working all right otherwise? I've been without electricity for about 6 hours due to a storm, so I'm a little behind on my predicted schedule for cleaning up the mod.

(I just remembered to check for any mods that change fonts other than DarNified UI. I've found MTUI and the "Alternative fonts for DarNified UI" mod. Does anyone know of any others? MCM might look weird with those until I can adjust it accordingly.)(Edit: "Alternative fonts" looks fine, and MTUI doesn't actually change fonts. So it's good to go, visually.)

Edited by Pelinor

Ahh...so it has to be a .zip file to be uploaded.

• Fixed the menu freezing when the start_menu.xml edit is not present
  • Fixed the options panel not allowing up/down when more options are enabled but not visible
  • Fixed problems with MCMListScript

• Now includes an example .esp with all option types
  • Replaced Quick Trade references with MCM Example Menu
  • Moved some pages around to flow better
  • Minor wording changes throughout
  • More detail on MCM_List
  • Added "Type 1 Values" to Advanced Uses section
  • Fixed quote characters so code lines can be copied and pasted to GECK without compiler errors
  • Updated New Values section to reflect better method of setting _Reset to 1, rather than setting values individually

That last improvement should have been obvious sooner, but I guess I wasn't thinking about it. All you need to do in ;3 - NEW VALUES is set StartMenu/MCM/_Reset to 1 and change the appropriate variable. The ;1 - RESET block will take care of the rest. (It's in the doc now, if that's not very clear.)

This should now be the last beta unless someone finds something that should be changed or added. Has anyone tried making a menu with any success? I'm a bit worried others won't be able to follow my instructions easily.

Edited by Pelinor

This should now be the last beta unless someone finds something that should be changed or added. Has anyone tried making a menu with any success? I'm a bit worried others won't be able to follow my instructions easily.

Well I'll try creating a menu for PN Core now. Wish me luck :)

Edit: Oh, and are you planning to use a FOMM installation script for the XML edit?

Edited by schlangster

Edit: Oh, and are you planning to use a FOMM installation script for the XML edit?

I had actually planned on just letting Gopher know about it and then direct people to the Unified HUD Project. He'll have to make changes to remove Selective Fire's menu anyway.

Alright, beta 4 then. The "AddFormToFormList rList [Your item from Step 4 above]" in the example script should rather be listAddForm right?

Yeah, that's what I had meant, since it does it every GetGameRestarted. (It does that instead of only once so MCM can be disabled and enabled again later without problems.)