Why is the Witcher 2 so short?

So much potential in this game. Its like having a pack of chips and only being able to eat one. I really hope they add a dlc with new chapters in it. that would make my dreams come true lol.....

..now that its done i feel empty inside... :mellow:

Edited by flubcakes

So much potential in this game. Its like having a pack of chips and only being able to eat one. I really hope they add a dlc with new chapters in it. that would make my dreams come true lol.....

..now that its done i feel empty inside... :mellow:

Couldn't agree more!!!!

Not sure where you people are coming from, yes it is shorter than Witcher one but you still have many different options during playing the game which result in different endings. Taken along with the different difficulty levels I fail to see what the problem is. This game can keep you occupied for months trying to complete all the options available to you.

I tend to look at it this way:

I bought the Witcher 2 for £30, so far I've had somewhere in the region of 80 to 100 hours enjoyment out of it, (and still can fore-see a heck of a lot more to come). This evening, after teaching the Martial Arts Class we went down the pub for a couple of hours, I spent £25 on a round of drinks, That makes gaming the cheapest form of entertainment around.......let's face it there's bugger all on the TV irrespective of how ever many channels you have!

Not sure where you people are coming from, yes it is shorter than Witcher one but you still have many different options during playing the game which result in different endings. Taken along with the different difficulty levels I fail to see what the problem is. This game can keep you occupied for months trying to complete all the options available to you.

except trying to complete all the options is boring. id rather have a long epic story where i dont have to lose my gear.

• 2 weeks later...

For a person new to TW franchise it took me about 23-28 hours to complete my first playthrough of the game. I did the majority of the sidequest in chapter 2 & 3 because I could sense an ending coming and it paid off. I was able to unlock the chest for the Vran armor on my first playthough. I also started the game on hard and stuck with it all the way through because that's how you play Single player RPGS, they suffer from replay value. Once you're done, you're pretty much done. Play on hard, it pays off.

Also stop using strategy guides... if you finished this game in less than 10 hours on your first playthrough you must have googled everything... many of the quest lines are vague and require exploration.

WOW...I didn't regard this game as 'short'. I would say that it takes me around 30 hours to get through it, but that is fine with me. I have played through three times, starting a fourth. It is amazing to me how each game is so different from the others and how the endings turn out. In each game I have found something different or see how my choices make a difference in the story line. The first time through I played 'easy' and learned the game, now in 'normal' and will work my way up the ladder ( I hope, that's the plan anyway.) Being a middle aged player, sometimes the fingers don't get the keys fast enough...lol...what can I say? Maybe they will have an expansion pack to this later, we can only hope and add some more stories, that would be great. Love this game... :thumbsup:

which result in different endings.

Tell me please how many different endings...

Gone through 8 playthroughs now and ofcourse made different choices each playthrough and always have the same ending(s).

You fight the dragon, meet with Letho and either fight him or let him walk away period.

Elaborate please. Cause if there are more endings I would love to know about them.