My first Smartphone...

agreed with Commander ^^

i have a Droid Eris. all my friends who have and iPhone only have one cause their parents pay for it. i pay for my phone myself and went witht he droid, but they all want one instead of the iphone. also Verizon is 10x better then AT&T. (on that note, if you wanna get the new PSP Vita, its only going to run off of AT&T so just saying lol)

i cannot really provide any info or data on what is the best smartphone and/or why. ive heard from many iphone users that droid is better. heard from many a geek that droid is better. i like my droid personally (though i wouldnt go as far as to say the Eris is the best, ive had my issues with it) but ya droid is the way to go imo

Yea looks like i am not the only one getting the psvita, i just have a pay as you go cell phone, and getting the 3g for the psvita. Why have both when you can do more with the psvitahttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/unsure.gifhttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

Edited by Thor.

I'm getting the Samsung Galaxy S2 for verizon when it comes here in the U.S., in my opinion I think it beats the rest for now :tongue:

I keep looking at the S2 on Amazon and forcing myself to close the page, it's an exercise in self control. One of these days I'll fail, buy one and the Mrs will not be amused. :biggrin:

I'm getting the Samsung Galaxy S2 for verizon when it comes here in the U.S., in my opinion I think it beats the rest for now :tongue:

I keep looking at the S2 on Amazon and forcing myself to close the page, it's an exercise in self control. One of these days I'll fail, buy one and the Mrs will not be amused. :biggrin:

Indeed you won't be able to keep doing that for long... ^_^

So, I just went to the AT&T store today, and I took a look at the LG Thrive. I would pay around $50 a month for unlimited talk, text and data.

The thing that I like about it, is that I'm not forced into a contract with it. It's sort of like a smartphone, just without being locked into a contract for 2 years.

Any opinions on this?

What are the Downlaod caps like for the at&t 3g services. I heard t it sucks, meaning the psvita would be going over it pretty fast with the updates and like of online gaming, unless they increase it for the psvita only witch i doubt they will?? Edited by Thor.

So, I just went to the AT&T store today, and I took a look at the LG Thrive. I would pay around $50 a month for unlimited talk, text and data.

The thing that I like about it, is that I'm not forced into a contract with it. It's sort of like a smartphone, just without being locked into a contract for 2 years.

Any opinions on this?

It's not bad for an entry level smartphone, it doesn't support in browser Flash videos which is an issue and it isn't blessed with a great deal RAM either. Also you can't use it as a Wi-Fi hotspot which is one of the features of Froyo, that said you wouldn't want to if you're on a lowish limit for data. It shouldn't have any issues with anything from the marketplace and if you don't try to run too much at once it should be just fine. How much data do you get with it? Android can get through quite a lot.

Any opinions on this?

It's not bad for an entry level smartphone, it doesn't support in browser Flash videos which is an issue and it isn't blessed with a great deal RAM either. Also you can't use it as a Wi-Fi hotspot which is one of the features of Froyo, that said you wouldn't want to if you're on a lowish limit for data. It shouldn't have any issues with anything from the marketplace and if you don't try to run too much at once it should be just fine. How much data do you get with it? Android can get through quite a lot.

Yeah, about that...

You see, AT&T was not too clear about the "Unlimited Data" in their fine print. It is $50 a month for unlimited talk, text and data for GoPhones - which the LG Thrive is advertised as. However, there is also that little bit about how you need to pay extra for a data plan with a smart phone (10 MB for $5, $15 for 100 MB, and $25 for 500 MB). Apparently, they consider the Thrive to be a smart phone, but they advertise it as a GoPhone. The Thrive's cousin, the LG Phoenix, is the exact same phone, but with a 2 year contract.

Needless to say, I was less than happy at the false advertising, returned the LG Thrive, and got the Pantech P7040P. It runs beautifully, and it's got the "unlimited for $50 a month" plan.

Any opinions on this?

Yeah, about that...

You see, AT&T was not too clear about the "Unlimited Data" in their fine print. It is $50 a month for unlimited talk, text and data for GoPhones - which the LG Thrive is advertised as. However, there is also that little bit about how you need to pay extra for a data plan with a smart phone (10 MB for $5, $15 for 100 MB, and $25 for 500 MB). Apparently, they consider the Thrive to be a smart phone, but they advertise it as a GoPhone. The Thrive's cousin, the LG Phoenix, is the exact same phone, but with a 2 year contract.

Needless to say, I was less than happy at the false advertising, returned the LG Thrive, and got the Pantech P7040P. It runs beautifully, and it's got the "unlimited for $50 a month" plan.

It is a smartphone and as such gets through a fair bit of data, to be honest anything other than the 500mb option is useless.

Hi Guys,

in my experience you don't need 500MB data volume for your smartphone. The last month i spend 300MB, but i got a new one and had to download/install lots of apps. I use it for GPS navigation, too. That was around 60MB for the maps (i use the google navigation tool).

Btw, if you can have a dual core smartphone take it. I'm using the LG P990 (Optimus Speed), it has the NVidia Tegra 2 chip and it is very fast.

Sarah