My first Smartphone...

Hi Guys,

in my experience you don't need 500MB data volume for your smartphone. The last month i spend 300MB, but i got a new one and had to download/install lots of apps. I use it for GPS navigation, too. That was around 60MB for the maps (i use the google navigation tool).

Btw, if you can have a dual core smartphone take it. I'm using the LG P990 (Optimus Speed), it has the NVidia Tegra 2 chip and it is very fast.

Sarah

I was on a package that had 500mb and I got regular warnings about going over, I was disabling Wi-Fi to save the battery at the time so that didn't help. I've since found the app responsible for the battery issue and now use a lot less because I've got Wi-Fi enabled again. What is the battery like on that LG?

I was on a package that had 500mb and I got regular warnings about going over, I was disabling Wi-Fi to save the battery at the time so that didn't help. I've since found the app responsible for the battery issue and now use a lot less because I've got Wi-Fi enabled again. What is the battery like on that LG?

The battery is sh*t, if you use the phone "regularly" during the day, it is empty after 14h - 15h. At the moment battery monitor is telling me the phone will last 1d1h. If you use it for gps navigation in your car, it is empty after 5h. I don't know how long the battery lasts in other smartphones with dual core cpu, but i think there won't be a big difference.

The battery is sh*t, if you use the phone "regularly" during the day, it is empty after 14h - 15h. At the moment battery monitor is telling me the phone will last 1d1h. If you use it for gps navigation in your car, it is empty after 5h. I don't know how long the battery lasts in other smartphones with dual core cpu, but i think there won't be a big difference.

Oh that's not good, I have enough trouble with the Desire. I'm still looking at the Galaxy S2 but I'm worried about the battery on it.

• 3 weeks later...
Bit of an update. I picked up an S2 on Friday and my battery concerns were unfounded, it lasted a day easily with quite heavy use. It's very fast too, there is no menu lag, apps open instantly and webpages are rendered as fast as they are on a PC. The screen is also stunning, the clarity and colours have to be seen to be believed. If anyone is unsure about taking the plunge then go and have a play with one, they really are fantastic. :thumbsup:

Hi Jim,

sounds good :), the dual core smartphones are fantastic. The battery of my P990 lasts for 1,5 day now, i needed to train it. Have loaded it to 100% and used it to 0% for around 10 times, now it is okay. A friend said his is working up to 4 days if he turns of umts, gps, sync and gps. But i wont do that, these are the features why i have it ;)

Sarah

The same thing is happening here, mine is getting better with each charge.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2871/sammym.jpg

Not bad for a days use, far better than the Desire was. :thumbsup:

Good to see good things about the galaxy S II as I ordered one and it is on its way right now.

I also ordered a larger battery which comes with a special back cover, Although I don't think I'm going to need it.

You shouldn't need the extended battery for normal use, the larger back cover may be a blessing though. The slim appearance of the phone does look good but it means you have to hold it by your fingertips when making a call and I never felt I had hold of the thing properly. I bought a case that covers the back and sides, not only does that offer some protection it also gives a little more bulk making it easier to hold.