Head Paladin Hardin OR Elder Nolan McNamara?

BlackSampleAdmin

hi. so i wanted to pick the best out come for the brother of steel but i want to know that if i help hardin will it be good or is he another worthless elder? or should i help McNamara will he continue to put the bunker in lock down? or become a better elder. or whatever. pleas tell me witch i should pick thanks.

Hardin is a more traditional type of elder he wants to go out and enforce the Codex ... if you put him in as leader and continue the quests you get to go blow up the Van Graff Silver Rush operation. But if you let him lead, Yes Man is the only faction who will tolerate his existence.

I did that mission with Cass once, combined the mission with her personal quest, and she mopped the floor with the lot of them. IIRC she was using a Brush Gun and I had a hard time keeping up with her killing spree in there, but I remember getting in a couple of good headshots. We must have been fairly well along in levels, 20+ for sure.

Edited by drakeelvin

Hardin is a more traditional type of elder he wants to go out and enforce the Codex ... if you put him in as leader and continue the quests you get to go blow up the Van Graff Silver Rush operation. But if you let him lead, Yes Man is the only faction who will tolerate his existence.

I did that mission with Cass once, combined the mission with her personal quest, and she mopped the floor with the lot of them. IIRC she was using a Brush Gun and I had a hard time keeping up with her killing spree in there, but I remember getting in a couple of good headshots. We must have been fairly well along in levels, 20+ for sure.

Don't really see that as much as a plus though.

I normally do the van graff missions for the money, and so I can do the jobs to be able to bring my weapons in/get close to them, then i kill them all like that.

Also I have a mod that lets you have cass live, so that's not a problem.

Yeah, one plus was that we got to loot the place and we got a lot of weapons. The Plasma Caster and grenades were useful, the rest we sold. Also, in my case Cass got a good boost to her offence because we finished her quest. The greatest benefit to me of finishing the BoS quests and becoming member was getting power armor training, but you can get that with McNamara too (and through Arcade Gannon's quest).

There is no huge material benefit from either choice. I probably got more material wealth doing Black Mountain for McNamara as I did for doing The Silver Rush for Hardin, but Black Mountain took a lot more time because I took the scenic route.

If you went with Hardin you could theoretically complete the quest extremely early in the game, but he's a bad choice if you like the NCR at all, since as everyone else is saying, he won't do a treaty. Plus I liked McNamara more; at first he seems like a bad choice, but when he reveals he'll release the base from lockdown he was a lot more likeable. Edited by NorthWolf