Need help with a custom workshop connection point issue!

Yeah, I had set this aside for a day to give myself space to think on it. I am going to toy with doing the inverse so to speak, since I think itll work -- When I was testing, I noted that the Autoplace item (Wall mount) could snap to the ground item (Robo chassis) perfectly fine, even when the chassis was on the ground. It just was the opposite that was impossible, snapping the ground object to the wall object, it didn't want to take. So, my idea, while not perfect, should still work: Make both objects autoplace (I know they connect that way), but, also give the robo chassis' some snap points to snap to various ground objects, since they seem to be able to do that. Thus allowing them to be used on the ground and on the walls.

I think that route will work, from the trials I had ran the other day. If it doesnt work out, I still have my bobblehead route, which isn't that bad over all. I sometimes wonder if the bobblehead route isnt actually a better route over all, since I could add the broken robo-junk as scrap dropped by dead bots, and could in the future add other "trophies" to mount. *shrug*

I really appreciate your time and help looking into this!

I got it working with my work around, works good. The only negative is you can't place the broken bots onto the ground itself, without some type of 'ground mount', but thats easy enough to work around. So should have an update to my mod in the next few days after I add in more mounts. Yay!

Thanks again for helping look into it more. Wish I could get it exactly the way I wanted, but this is a solid plan B so I am not unhappy at all.

You may have already tried this, but did you try adding "WorkshopStackableItem [AVIF:0000033D]" and "WorkshopAnythingIsGround [AVIF:0000033F]" under "PRPS - Properties" each with a value of "1.0" to your static in FO4Edit? I've used them for other things but I never tried it with something that uses autoplace. might be worth a shot, might not.

Edited by ZerasCETA

Ethreon - I never had issue having wall items snap to eachother, that works fine. Wall objects can snap to ground objects, too. But ground objects cant snap to wall objects (At least, I never found a way). I ended up just making them be wall objects, so they could snap to wall objects and to ground objects, which works, just wasnt perfect :P

Zeras - I tried both properties together and separate :) I infact toyed with many different properties I found in FO4Edit, just to be extra thorough.

Its all right though, my current solution is acceptable and quite usable. I really appreciate the replies, regardless.

Hi guys,

Could someone please point me at a tutorial on how to set up and use connection points for snap-on objects.

Cheers.

Check my profile up. There's also an article either on Alternate Settlements or Settlement Keywords.