Why all the filth?

Sludgedog

Ok, I understand we are in a desert and the wind kicks up the dust all the time, but why is everything so FILTHY?

I have a home in Goodsprings and I understand a certain amount of disrepair, but my sheets look like Herbie slept there, complete with

nocturnal leakage.

We have some good springs that give clean pure water but we somehow can't even give them a rinse?

I know people in the S.C.A. who can make beautiful clothes using homemade spindles and looms.

Almost everyone knows how to make a basic soap.

Ok, on the road I accrue filth and victomgue, but at home i should have some modicum of clean.

Just had to vent. I have cookies for whoever makes a mod with simple lore-friendly clothes and bedding.

:yucky:

I disabled over 1/2 of Rivet City on Fallout 3 because of filth. As for New Vegas, many filth things are combined to larger objects. I guess it's hard for me to handle the "Waste" in "Wasteland".

Edit: Sludge, I found a mod that has all clean beds (not lore-friendly however, since the bed on the building across from The King's base wouldn't be 100% clean and white).

Edited by TheMightyLordSheogorath

Except that in the Mojave, it's nowhere near as scarce as in the Capital Wasteland.

It's true that not all the water is contaminated, but the Mojave is still a desert, so there wasn't all that much to begin with. At least, not in regions lacking irrigation, a deep well, or direct access to the Colorado.

Whereas the Capital Wasteland had an abundance of water, but it was all contaminated and undrinkable.