Anyone knows what causes crashes on loading?

marharth

Sometimes it means your save is corrupted. But if it doesnt happen always then its not corrupted, The game can only use 2 GB of memory on your ram. If you have mods that make the game use more then 2GB, Usualy you will experience these kind of crashes.

You can either, Disable the mod and not crash as often or just simply crash. The thing is, Fallout's current engine is buggy as hell. Its f'd up beyond repair. So dont worry, It's not your machine defeneatly. Almost everyone has bugs in Fallout.

Download and install GPU-Z http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Set it to run and record while playing

Hit alt+tab and go to GPU-Z and see if your card is clogged or overheated

also check to make sure fallout is properly sending data thru your ports to the graphics card

to do this you can generate a Manual D3D9 file here to drop in your new vegas folder and it will generally increase your preformance greatly

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34970

by far the biggest thing is what it has to load

The game has a very tough time loading faces and highly detailed stuff like custom armor and weapons. If you have several followers and they all have custom armor and weapons, its gonna take all day to load and will probably crash

An easy example is if you use the Underground hideout v3-8 and you go to the display room with all the mannequins, the more stuff you put on the mannequins, the longer it takes to load the room. If you downloaded a custom armor or gun and put it on a mannequin and it drastically changes the load time for the room, the your have found the thing thats clogging and overloading your processes.

Also, go to your settings and crank down some of the fades and distances, and this will generally help when it comes to loading exterior areas.

If you use the DS9 replacer, you will have less RAM for FNV, unless you only have a 2GB machine: yes it should run faster if you have a very small application of which FNV is not. DS10 uses RAM outside the base 2GB. FNV4GB opens up more RAM for your application: Get it from Silverlock the home of NVSE. Everybody talks about corrupted saves: corrupted saves are rare -- there are checks for corrupted saves -- look for a solution elsewhere. FO3 gave corrupted-save signs: the clock stopped and went negative and you had areas of no texture on the wasteland -- I see this periodically in FNV but as soon as my companions catch up the texture is added to the bare spot: don't save while the spot is bare. It has been reported that PCB (purge cell buffer) breaks quests: I don't use it any more -- it can speed up your game minimally but doesn't seem to help one bit with the problem you are experiencing. Most of my ctd's are caused by VDU failures -- some mix with the plethora of bugs in FNV. I'm going to try the site program the guy suggested and test what is happening to my video card.

If you use the DS9 replacer, you will have less RAM for FNV, unless you only have a 2GB machine: yes it should run faster if you have a very small application of which FNV is not. DS10 uses RAM outside the base 2GB. FNV4GB opens up more RAM for your application: Get it from Silverlock the home of NVSE. Everybody talks about corrupted saves: corrupted saves are rare -- there are checks for corrupted saves -- look for a solution elsewhere. FO3 gave corrupted-save signs: the clock stopped and went negative and you had areas of no texture on the wasteland -- I see this periodically in FNV but as soon as my companions catch up the texture is added to the bare spot: don't save while the spot is bare. It has been reported that PCB (purge cell buffer) breaks quests: I don't use it any more -- it can speed up your game minimally but doesn't seem to help one bit with the problem you are experiencing. Most of my ctd's are caused by VDU failures -- some mix with the plethora of bugs in FNV. I'm going to try the site program the guy suggested and test what is happening to my video card.

you dont by chance know of a website tha has a good ds10 dll replacer gengerator do ya?

the only one on the nexus i could find is the one for ds9