Siding with institute

tomomi1922

Long story short, I will take the angry man with too many weapons over the people who enslave their own children (the synths).

An angry man who will instead kill said children. Also, there is reportedly a synth colony in the new Far Harbor DLC. We both know what the Brotherhood would do if they caught wind of that place....

And I believe that the Institute ending gives the player possible powers (which I will not mention outside the spoiler section) that actually allows you greater control than in the Brotherhood.

Edited by CyrusAmell

What Cyrus said I too believe (while I may not agree with everything institute does) that player storywise has bigger chance to actually change something by replacing Shaun on his throne.

Brotherhood is Brotherhood, they won't change as they technically didn't change much over years.

This is the Discussion Forum, not the Spoiler Forum. Please place confidential info into a spoiler bracket.

Like this.

But yeah, if anything the Brotherhood has regressed from the progressive policies of Owen Lyon. Their little Codex also makes it difficult to enact the kind of long-term change one might hope for. To me they lean more towards neutral than good, but that still makes them better than most groups in the Wasteland. It's just that on this matter I have some difficulty reconciling their stance with my choices.

Edited by CyrusAmell

Long story short, I will take the angry man with too many weapons over the people who enslave their own children (the synths).

An angry man who will instead kill said children. Also, there is reportedly a synth colony in the new Far Harbor DLC. We both know what the Brotherhood would do if they caught wind of that place....

And I believe that the Institute ending gives the player possible powers (which I will not mention outside the spoiler section) that actually allows you greater control than in the Brotherhood.

It is far more sociopathic to enslave your own children than to kill those of your enemy.

The Institute can't be trusted, and neither can anyone who sides with them.

This is the Discussion Forum, not the Spoiler Forum. Please place confidential info into a spoiler bracket.

Like this.

But yeah, if anything the Brotherhood has regressed from the progressive policies of Owen Lyon. Their little Codex also makes it difficult to enact the kind of long-term change one might hope for. To me they lean more towards neutral than good, but that still makes them better than most groups in the Wasteland. It's just that on this matter I have some difficulty reconciling their stance with my choices.

Technically each chapter of Brotherhood seems to have slightly different agendas.

Oh my apologies I was under impression that this is spoiler forum thread, cause it certainly looks like one.

Edited by k361