Removing files that are in use...

What's up. I'm sorry to bother with such a stupid question, but I'd appreciate a quick answer since I'm not very savvy when it comes to this :ohdear:

So by some divine miracle Oblivion runs on my s*** laptop. Doesn't look beautiful of course, but it runs smoothly most of the time. But some modded armor I try weighs it down horribly and forces the game down to 1 fps/s or something, making it unplayable.

Now I'm wondering, I tried the Hentai Mania mod and it seems to be great, but the armor the NPCs are wearing kills the game. Can I simply remove the armor files from the directory? Will it simply make the NPCs armorless or will it mess something up? The weapons and everything is fine so it'd be worth it if it worked.

Thanks

If you removed the .nif files for the armors, all the NPCs that are wearing it would probably be covered with the missing mesh sign ("!" exclamation points). That, or you'll crash your game as soon as you see one of those NPCs.

If you removed the .nif files for the armors, all the NPCs that are wearing it would probably be covered with the missing mesh sign ("!" exclamation points). That, or you'll crash your game as soon as you see one of those NPCs.

Thank you. I guess there's nothing but to forget the mod then.

Another alternative is to personalize the mod in question using the Construction Set, removing the items you don't want. If you keep a backup of the original esp you can always revert back if you want to.

That'd be great, but I have zero experience with the construction set or modding in general. Even if this is a relatively simple task I would imagine there's a lot to be done, altering every single NPC like that.

I'll just wait until I can upgrade to a decent gaming rig. Heck, Skyrim is around the corner.