DLC where else can I get it? Is Steam compatible with PC DVD

Deca1

I just purchased the PC DVD copy of Oblivion IV the Game of the Year Edition

I am looking to also get the other DLC, but when I got to Bethesda's store it stated this for several days now:

""Store Temporarily Closed

We needed to close the store temporarily while we perform some maintenance. Please check again shortly.""

Is Steam my only other option?

When I go to Steam, it has the GotY edition packaged *with* all of the other DLC. My concern is that if I pay for and try to install/use the Steam variants of those specifc DLC that I'll have issues integrating it with my Non-Steam PC DVD edition?

1) Is there another official site that I can purchase the DLC from?

2) Ideas on how much longer the Bethesda store will be down?

3) If I get the Steam SLC is that compatible with my PC DVD edition?

Thanks in advance

I believe the BethSoft store is the only legal way to obtain the DLCs unless you buy the CD or over Steam. It should be back up soon.

As for Steam, I don't see any reason why the DLCs won't work with the non-Steam version. At most you'll have to move the .esp and .bsa files over to a different folder.

I believe the BethSoft store is the only legal way to obtain the DLCs unless you buy the CD or over Steam. It should be back up soon.

As for Steam, I don't see any reason why the DLCs won't work with the non-Steam version. At most you'll have to move the .esp and .bsa files over to a different folder.

My concern was the following quote on the Bethsoft forums

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1089673-oblivion-dlc-available-online/

"Please note that this content will not be compatible with versions of Oblivion downloaded from Steam."

In otherwords, they are saying that THEIR versions of DLC are not compatible with Steam so I thought it was quite possible that Steams DLCs are not compatible with the PC/DVD version, likewise.

I realize that is only an assumtion because I have not read that the incompatibility issue in both "directions"; however, I wanted to be careful because I've had issues with other types of DLC (ie Paradox Interactive DLC & their CD/DVD games before) & knowing I plan on using some mods and how detailed this game/mods are I thought I might be inadvertently starting off on the wrong foot by having the PC/DVD version and then some DLC from Steam, too.

You can try contacting Steam's support and asking them about it. ALthough from my own viewpoint there's no technical reason it won't work. All the DLCs are is a .bsa file and a .esp file, both of which can be moved around like a standard mod.

If you track down a copy of the original "Knights of the Nine" expansion disc, that has most of the DLCs included - I found a copy on Amazon (UK site) but i expect there are other places too. Sadly the Game of the Year edition doesn't include them with its own KotN. Edited by MarkInMKUK