Let's talk companions.

k361

The Dogmeat as a Human Female (I'm so glad that they resisted the temptation to use the b**ch word) looks really good and is a mean fighter with any weapon. Sadly the dialogue is vanillaa,

so you end up saying "hear boy" etc. The mod I mentioned hasn't just affected Cait, the other day I got " Curie wants you to bust her synth cherry".

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogmeat as a female is silent, runs around randomly, uses a gun to great effect and looks great in in a Nano suit. I'm glad that I downloaded the mod. I used to use Ada as a human but when she moves she clanks like a robot. If I turned her back to a robot and modded her with the Mr Handy propulsion, would she walk quietly as a human?

Edit: I turned ADA back to a robot and equipped her with Mr Handy propulsion. I was quite disappointed when I turned her human again, I was rather looking forward to seeing where the flame came from, but no flame.

Dogmeat as a female is silent, runs around randomly, uses a gun to great effect and looks great in in a Nano suit. I'm glad that I downloaded the mod. I used to use Ada as a human but when she moves she clanks like a robot. If I turned her back to a robot and modded her with the Mr Handy propulsion, would she walk quietly as a human?

That's weird, because I use the Ada2Human mod, and as long as she is using the Assaultron Legs when in robot form, she doesn't "clank" when I switch her to human form. hmmm. Maybe try swapping her legs out in the robot workbench (back and forth between Protectron <-->Assaultron) and see if it goes away?

As far as giving her a mister handy thruster (sounds like an innuendo :) ) I believe it does work, but I think there is a bug, or limitation with the game engine, that means she would have a "jet stream" coming from between legs (though some may like that look :P )

• 2 weeks later...

I usually don't use companions in games because they just always seem to get in the way and screw with my sneaking and so forth., but I decided to try Curie just because. Everything was going fine until the Battle of Bunker Hill. Everyone was trying to kill me so self-preservation kicked in and I guess I was shooting at anything that moved. I got a couple messages that "Curie hated that" and pretty soon she was using her gatling laser on me. Not wanting to kill her (or her kill me), I avoided her and made my way down to the basement where the 4 synths are. She didn't follow. When I came back up to finish the quest, she was gone. I didn't run into her again until later in the game when she was walking around nude in Sanctuary Hills. She came up and said she missed me and wanted to travel together some more. Yeah, right. I have enough people and other things trying to kill me the way it is without taking the risk you're going to go off on me again, girl. I haven't been back to Sanctuary since and really need to figure out what to do about her. He, he. Anyone else have a similar experience and if so, how did you handle it?

I usually don't use companions in games because they just always seem to get in the way and screw with my sneaking and so forth., but I decided to try Curie just because. Everything was going fine until the Battle of Bunker Hill. Everyone was trying to kill me so self-preservation kicked in and I guess I was shooting at anything that moved. I got a couple messages that "Curie hated that" and pretty soon she was using her gatling laser on me. Not wanting to kill her (or her kill me), I avoided her and made my way down to the basement where the 4 synths are. She didn't follow. When I came back up to finish the quest, she was gone. I didn't run into her again until later in the game when she was walking around nude in Sanctuary Hills. She came up and said she missed me and wanted to travel together some more. Yeah, right. I have enough people and other things trying to kill me the way it is without taking the risk you're going to go off on me again, girl. I haven't been back to Sanctuary since and really need to figure out what to do about her. He, he. Anyone else have a similar experience and if so, how did you handle it?

I tried them out. well.. a few... I use WOTC mod,so its not wise to get companions.. I usually end up shooting them as well.. at least, i suddenly get a message saying "send x to..." and then a few choices of settlements i helped out..another thing i hate..... if i done it already, i send them to far harbour... good riddance.. if i didn't... a spot i know i will never visit again....

But best thing is.. don't take any of them idiotic companions... ever.

Sorry, but the error of the problem of you both is on your side.

You guys have choosen by your free will to take a righteous/good character companion on your site and what did you guys expect will happen then, if you take them with you on the battle of bunker hill (a place there the changes are high that you have to kill innocent people)?

Do not get me wrong. If you want to play like that, do it. But to complain about the fact that righteous chracters start to work against you if you kill innocent people is like to complain about the pain in your hand after you have lay her on a stove.

I think Gage Porter or Strong would be better alternatives if you plan to do something like that (by Strong I am not to 100% sure).

Edited by taryl80

Sorry, but the error of the problem of you both is on your side.

You guys have choosen by your free will to take a righteous/good character companion on your site and what did you guys expect will happen then, if you take them with you on the battle of bunker hill (a place there the changes are high that you have to kill innocent people)?

Do not get me wrong. If you want to play like that, do it. But to complain about the fact that righteous chracters start to work against you if you kill innocent people is like to complain about the pain in your hand after you have lay her on a stove.

I think Gage Porter or Strong would be better alternatives if you plan to do something like that (by Strong I am not to 100% sure).

Yeah.. when i have the perk that says i cant hurt my companions.. i expect that to be true... not my fault that Beth does crappy coding...

And i never shoot anyone that doesn't shoot me... so that can never be an issue. One time i was shooting a few gunners close to diamond city on my way back from rescuing Nick... when a guard ran right in my line of fire... so Nick starts shooting me. i put him down several times... when suddenly he turned friendly and continued as if nothing had happened... ever since that incident i never travel back with him, but tell him to meet him in diamond city.

Point is... Companions are a pain in the ass.... always were... always will be.

Well, I have never such problems. But I also always consider before which companion I take on which mission. And if I come into a battle with more as 1 faction I don´t use explosive weapons (except when enemy factions fight against each other like raider vs. supermutants as example). Mostly I go into close combat then, or just let them fight and then hack the remainders away. I know the problems in Bethesda games, but I enjoy it to much to have a Companion around me as to not take them with me.

Edited by taryl80