Workshop snap point X / Y rotation?

So, while continuing to use and mess with custom snap points, I ran into a different problem that I can't seem to find a solution to. When using custom snap points on workshop items, I can't seem to get X / Y rotation to work, no matter what rotation I adjust. Adjusting any of the angles will only result in Z rotation around the snap point. What I wanted to do is have these objects that on certain snap points snap vertically, but others snap horizontally, but I seem to be limited to whatever X / Y orientation that the model has by default.

If anyone has successfully done this at all, please do let me know, id love to find a way to get it to work.

Thanks for your time!

Yeah, I can get a Z rotation around the snap point, I can even set it up to where you can manually control the Z rotation.. but rotating in other directions just hasn't worked out. Not the end of the world, just seeing if someone had crossed anything I missed.

Nope, I made points with rotations on X/Y and all I obtained were objects that snapped but allowed some rotation. Not really precise, but meh, works to some degree.

Well, I am curious what you adjusted to allow this, then. Any adjustments to the snap points themselves, whether its the base object or the object I am snapping to them, just results in a change in Z-axis behavior, regardless of which axis I was actually adjusting. I can achieve the non-precise rotation you describe for Z-axis, but changes to any other axis just results in yet more Z-axis adjustment, for whatever reason.

True. Its also very possible I am missing something obvious, I am still learning ( as we all are..). But so far, I have had no luck with getting it to cooperate, and I haven't found an example of anyone doing what I want to do with the mods I have tried thus far, but I plan to keep looking too.