Wrye Bash Wizards don't work anymore

Hanker109

Hello everyone!

I installed a utility called "Custom Autosave" which saved the game every two minutes. This created so many saves that finally, after 5,000 +, the rest of the saves became corrupted not allowing me to do the final Shivering Isles quests. Since I was not able to progress anymore, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled as new. Since it was a new game I decided to install the latest of everything I had before, including Wrye Bash, from 291 to 292. Now the "Wizards" fail every time I try to install any mod. One "Wizard" failure example is with Better Cities, Error Message: An error ocurred in the Wizard script

Line: If DataFileExist 'All Natural.esp'

Error: (line 436, column 36): Too few arguments

To Function 'self text': got 0 expected min:1

This is just one example, any other mod I try to install with the Wizard fails. Before, with Wrye Bash 291, I could use the Wizard without any problem. I have been able to install these mods with Bain by choosing the features in the sub packages but I much prefer if it could be done with the Wizards. I have read the comments related to Wrye Bash but did'nt find anyone commenting on this type of problem. My question is: Am I doing something wrong or the Wizards are outdated? Thanks for any comments.

Best regards,

Hanker109

WB 292 breaks backwards compatibility with wizards due to some changes in the scripting language, mods need to be updated with new wizards. BBC hasn't gotten around to it, All Natural has for example.

WB 292 breaks backwards compatibility with wizards due to some changes in the scripting language, mods need to be updated with new wizards. BBC hasn't gotten around to it, All Natural has for example.

Thanks omeletteed, I think it would have been nice if the WB team had posted something about the wizard problem, I almost fried my brains out trying to figuring what was going wrong.

• 8 years later...

Hello everyone!

I installed a utility called "Custom Autosave" which saved the game every two minutes. This created so many saves that finally, after 5,000 +, the rest of the saves became corrupted not allowing me to do the final Shivering Isles quests. Since I was not able to progress anymore, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled as new. Since it was a new game I decided to install the latest of everything I had before, including Wrye Bash, from 291 to 292. Now the "Wizards" fail every time I try to install any mod. One "Wizard" failure example is with Better Cities, Error Message: An error ocurred in the Wizard script

Line: If DataFileExist 'All Natural.esp'

Error: (line 436, column 36): Too few arguments

To Function 'self text': got 0 expected min:1

This is just one example, any other mod I try to install with the Wizard fails. Before, with Wrye Bash 291, I could use the Wizard without any problem. I have been able to install these mods with Bain by choosing the features in the sub packages but I much prefer if it could be done with the Wizards. I have read the comments related to Wrye Bash but did'nt find anyone commenting on this type of problem. My question is: Am I doing something wrong or the Wizards are outdated? Thanks for any comments.

Best regards,

Hanker109

Man!

2020 now, and you have answered my question very nicely!

Thanks a lot!

Peace.