How's my install & load order GotY + DLC + OOO + few mods

Deca1

...so far I've had no crashes

Questions:

Note: I am a first time & novice in regards to Oblivion Modding (until Oblivion I thought "other" mods for games were 'hard', but Oblivion makes them look like childs play). It's truly in a category on its own.

I just recently got the game so anything you can tell me or help with is appreciated.

Please do not make any assumptions that I already know something because more than likely, I don't.

1) How does my install order look?

2) How does my load order look?

3) I purposely left off the "Natural Habitat.esp" as I did not like it & I got a warning, but is it "ok" to not run some parts?

4) After creating omod for several of the mods, I noticed that many did not have .esm nor .esp & it confused me as I was under the impression that everything was one or the other, but clearly I am wrong.

For instance, none of these had either. Is that typical & ok?

Qarl Texture Pack III Redimized

Improved Trees and Flora

Improved Trees and Flora 2

Improved Fruits Vegetables and Meats

Improved Signs

Detailed Terrain

Better grass texture without tiling.

DarNified UI <--- that one did not either.

5) Should I be use "Archive Invalidation" on omods if the mod creater did not say anything about it? In some readme or docs, I've seen some that do, but most say nothing about it.

6) I've read in a few thread about having all Uncompleted DLCs load towards the end, but after completion to move towards the top. Since I've not finished any DLC, how will I know when I am "done" with a DLC so that I can do this?

Install Order

Oblivion GotY DVD

GotY SI & KotN DVD

All DLCs

OBMM

OBSE, weOCPS, FastExit

Unofficial Oblivion Patch v3.2.0

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch v1.4.0

Unofficial Mods Patch v15

Unofficial Oblivion Patch Supplementals

----------------------------------------These were "installed/added" using OBMM

Natural Environments v2.1.3

Qarl Texture Pack III Redimized

Qarl Texture Pack III Redimized update

Improved Trees and Flora

Improved Trees and Flora 2

Improved Trees and Flora 2 Update

Improved Fruits Vegetables and Meats

Improved Fruits Vegetables and Meats Update

Improved Signs

Detailed Terrain

Better grass texture without tiling

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul (1.3)

Map Marker Overhaul v3.9

Portable Campsite v2.3

a100 Percent Harvest Chance

Spell Delete And Item Remove

DarNified UI

SM Plugin Refurbish

~~~~~~~~~~

Load Order

Oblivion.esm

Oscuro;s Oblivion Overhaul.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face.esp

Natural Vegitation.esp

Natural Water.esp

Natural Weather HDR.esp

Imrpoved Signs.esp

Harvest.esp

Living Economy.esp

Living Economy Items.esp

Cutthroat Merchants.esp

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Mods Patch.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCOrrery - Unofficial Mods Patch.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Mods Patch.esp

Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcraig.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Mods Patch.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCVileLair - Unofficial Mods Patch.esp

Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Mods Patch.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Mods Patch.esp

Knights.esp

Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

Harvest [Flora] - ShiveringIsles.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Mods Patch.esp

Map Marker Overhaul.esp

Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp

Portable Campsite.esp

a100 Percent Harvest Chance.esp

Spell Delete And Item Remove.esp

SM Plugin Refurbish - HorseArmor.esp

SM Plugin Refurbish - Orrery.esp

SM Plugin Refurbish - Frostcraig.esp

SM Plugin Refurbish - VileLair.esp

SM Plugin Refurbish - ThievesDen.esp

SM Plugin Refurbish - MehrunesRazor.esp

SM Plugin Refurbish - Knights.esp

SM Plugin Refurbish - Battlehorn.esp

SM Plugin Refurbish - SI.esp

Edited by Deca1

I suggest downloading and installing Wrye Bash (read the installation instructions AT LEAST twice before starting, especially the Python stuff), and installing and using BOSS to handle your load order - it operates by changing the file dates relative to each other and that in turn changes the order in which Oblivion loads the files. Be sure to update the masterlist.txt file before running it - it is regularly updated with new mods and suggestions for Bashed Patch settings. The Wrye Bash "Bashed Patch" merges the changes made by some of your mods, helping keep the game stable and reducing the number of ESP files you are trying to load.

You don't HAVE to download either just yet, but you're obviously in that initial burst of enthusiasm and that's a good time to get used to the more advanced modding utilities, before you suddenly NEED them.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

I suggest downloading and installing Wrye Bash (read the installation instructions AT LEAST twice before starting, especially the Python stuff), and installing and using BOSS to handle your load order - it operates by changing the file dates relative to each other and that in turn changes the order in which Oblivion loads the files. Be sure to update the masterlist.txt file before running it - it is regularly updated with new mods and suggestions for Bashed Patch settings. The Wrye Bash "Bashed Patch" merges the changes made by some of your mods, helping keep the game stable and reducing the number of ESP files you are trying to load.

You don't HAVE to download either just yet, but you're obviously in that initial burst of enthusiasm and that's a good time to get used to the more advanced modding utilities, before you suddenly NEED them.

From what I read while going over all these mods, it seems that Wrye Bash is "the tool" for mod users, but I'll have to admin that looking over the install instructions was a tad intimidating.

I'll have ot think about it and definitely keep it in the back of my mind to look at it.

As far as my install and load orders, were they ok?

Mostly, yes - the SM Plugins tend to become closer to their relevant mods if you use BOSS, and there are a couple of mods I'd probably make diferent choices, but it looks mostly workable.

Living Economy is the one I'd suggest replacing with Enhanced Economy - EE does everything LE does, plus more, and the writer is still actively maintaining it.

Mostly, yes - the SM Plugins tend to become closer to their relevant mods if you use BOSS, and there are a couple of mods I'd probably make diferent choices, but it looks mostly workable.

Living Economy is the one I'd suggest replacing with Enhanced Economy - EE does everything LE does, plus more, and the writer is still actively maintaining it.

So I should move each SM Plugin to literally right behind the relevant mod it pertains to?

I like what I read about Enhanced Economy.

So, if I have an ongoing game, use OBMM to use the omod & activate EE, as well as unactivate the LE related esp from OOO, will this mess up my current game?

What other mods would you suggest using instead of some of the ones I have, as stated I like your EE suggestion and had not read about that one yet?

I appreciate the replies.

I really wanted to use FCOM but after reading over many of the various links, I thought that there would be no way I could pull it off since I would probly have tons of issues for doing many parts of the install/load wrong.

I want the game to be more difficult, wants all the monsters from MMM, WarCry, & OOO, want the leveling method altered, more realisitc economy, items redone & balanced etc... to the manner that FCOM seems to blend well.

Learning about OBSE, FastExit, weOCPS, OBMM, load orders, omods, all the various UOPs, and installing the ones I have listed above has help, but I realized last night that I had done something wrong when I encountered a few "invisible" rats & wolves near one of the ruined forts.....but when i finally killed them their dead bodies became visible.

However, I think I am going to give it another try, uninstall everything & try to get FCOM to work. Been reading for a while today over it again and downloading files in anticipation.

Edited by Deca1

Learning about OBSE, FastExit, weOCPS, OBMM, load orders, omods, all the various UOPs, and installing the ones I have listed above has help, but I realized last night that I had done something wrong when I encountered a few "invisible" rats & wolves near one of the ruined forts.....but when i finally killed them their dead bodies became visible.

Er ... that might not be "something wrong"

If the fort is Fort Caractacus, you have done nothing wrong. Find Aleswell village nearby.

Er ... that might not be "something wrong"

Doh!!!!

I was spending time rebooting my pc, reloading, going back to older saves, etc.....

You were spot on with the spolier suggestion. Nice one.

Later on tonight or tomorrow, I'll start trying to install FCOM once I feel like I've gone over each links, downloads, readme etc... instructions. I already went over it once before, but want to go over it again because there's just so much and on so many different pages/links/readme.

again thnx for the reply as that one would have kept on making me think my installs & loads were messed up

Edited by Deca1