Mart's Monster Mod

Syrin23

Heya all,

I am NOT a PC tech person. I can manage okay after research, but I am trouble installing the MMM with the BSA. I think I need a step by step walk thru.

I click on the BSA and it brings up a BSA browser. i select "extract all" to the Data file. Then when the Oblivion Mod Manager opens, it's not listed anywhere. I am having trouble following his instructions on steps 3 and 4, and his instructions don't follow what I am experiencing at all.

*NOTE* I originally tried to do this manually before I found the BSA. I am not sure if I un-installed all the previous files as I couldn't tell what were his files versus Bethesda's. DO I need to uninstall Oblivion completely and start over? (just down loaded it off of steam yesterday so not a huge deal).

Thanks in advance.

You don't need to unpack the BSA file, just rename it accordingly... BSA files don't show up in OBMM. It'd make it harder to install new versions when they're available since you've unpacked all the files. I suppose you could leave it as it is for the moment though. You were suppose to rename it to "Mart's Monster Mod.bsa" if you're only using MMM, for example. Then install the archive with the esp files.

You don't need to unpack the BSA file, just rename it accordingly... BSA files don't show up in OBMM. It'd make it harder to install new versions when they're available since you've unpacked all the files. I suppose you could leave it as it is for the moment though. You were suppose to rename it to "Mart's Monster Mod.bsa" if you're only using MMM, for example. Then install the archive with the esp files.

So after I downloaded it, instead of double clicking it which opened up the BSA, I should have right clicked it and re-named it? As it stands now, the Oblivion Mod Manager doesn't list it as an available mod to click on or off. If I am reading your response correctly, it's there (extracted), but just not listed?

By the way, I just went back to it. In WinZip, it's called "MMM.bsa" So the question what do with with it. When I right click I have the option to open with OMM which is what I was doing apparently. When I do this, it gives me the extracting icon and progress bar. When it gets almost done, it asks me what I want to do with the file, and the only options are "open" or "cancel". When I open it, the thousands of files are listed there in the OMM BSA extractor. That's where I am stuck. It would take me a while to find an esp file in that jumble of files. Is that what I need to do?

Thanks for the help

Edited by Syrin23

In the opened file using OMM (the "BSA Browser"), there are probably a thousand files which are .nif, .kf, mp3, .wav and .dds files. I don't see any esp files. I have the option to extract or extract all. That's it. When I extract, I extract all to the steam oblivion data file. Should I extract it to the oblivion file?

Thanks again.

Edited by Syrin23

Installing MMM requires more than just the bsa

but it requires the bsa as well

and don't unpack it unless you enjoy headaches

no idea why you wish to rename this bsa - some part of an FCOM install??

but renaming is an operating system function - OMM and OBMM not required for this part

and as always

BSA files are not checked in the launcher