REQ: Merchant Carts & Wagons

Anach

First I thought it would be cool to see some merchants standing around towns during the day with fruit/veg carts selling their wares. You could run past and steal an apple :P

Second, the more difficult request. Where are the horse carts for farmers and travelers? Is it possible to add such?

First I thought it would be cool to see some merchants standing around towns during the day with fruit/veg carts selling their wares. You could run past and steal an apple :P

Second, the more difficult request. Where are the horse carts for farmers and travelers? Is it possible to add such?

“I’ve heard others say the same” but seriously there is a mod out there or in the works.

We have talked about having carts in the Imperial City as part of Our Imperial City Expanded mod.

The first problem is really two-fold. Any merchants which aren't in interior cells would have to physically carry their wares in order to sell them. This is because trying to link owned containers within exterior cells to an NPC tends to be very buggy, especially if you have multiple NPCs in the same area. Second, since only objects inside a container will respawn, the cart itself would need to be a container, which means new meshes, and limited uses for those meshes.

As for moving carts... Not currently possible, for much the same reason as a chariot mod (search for it). Traveling vendors would also be bound to the same limitations as any exterior merchant, which can be a greater problem since they won't always be in the same spot.Crowded roads does add some travelers, but I don't think they sell anything.

Well a cart in any form would require new meshes. Ive seen other mods with a Merchant/Fence inside cities, surely the biggest issue here would be making the mesh.?

Though no idea bout the visual indication of items on the cart, and removal of objects once the NPC goes home. The cart on the other hand wouldnt need to move.

It would be nice to see chariots (maybe outside arena), carts (near farms), carriages (outside city gates) and such, even if they were stationary, they would add a lot to the feel of the world, and could be used for such things as homes (gypsy), merchants (above) and plain decoration.

Would it be possible to use the havok system to enable a cart to roll down a hill uncontrolled? (Im thinking flaming hay bales used to kill stuff)

On the mounted carts idea. I checked out the chariot mod thread. In between the insults it does sound possible, albeit a lot of work to get mounted carts.

I would like to see this mod, and it is very possible. As long as the cart is staionary, then you could simply have it parked in the city with the vendor next to it during the day. The cart itself could be the container, or you could do it the traditional "chest behind the wall" way. You could even (if you have an imaginationg) put together some original statics ingame to create the look of a cart. The cart doesn't have to do anything does it? just sit there? Just put some tables and bookshelves together with wheels.

I have since found small wheeled cart already used at decor in cities. (Didnt notice it before because i wasnt looking for it :P)

This would work for merchants, if only there was a canvas roof and a prop to make it sit horizontal , then some type of food tray to sit on it that wouldnt send food flying all over the place when bumped.

On the other topic of passenger coaches, what I had in mind was some way to travel between cities without having to be in control, but travelled in realtime. Like a stage coach, where you were just a passenger sitting in the back watching the world go by.

Archived