I love survival mode but miss my mods

CalibanX

Nope nobody knows for sure. Just guessing on the amount and nastiness of the bugs two weeks more. I haunt the beta forum way to much, and seen some ugly things reported. Ctd issue, stat bugs and the ever constant skirmish on the save system.

Then there are the balance issues, not sure if they will address those or not. Like heavy weapons being next to useless in survival. Reduced carry weight + missiles that weigh 7 pounds? Or the amount of ammo it'd take to make a non-explosive minigun viable for anything.

I haven't used heavy weapons in survival mode yet although Dogmeat is carrying around a missile launcher for me just in case. I'd like to see some more Antibiotics in the loot drops but haven't had any crashing or bugs with it yet.

Now that you mention it, 7 units does seem pretty heavy for a missile. I suppose you'd have to have a follower carry that heavy ammo if you want to use it out in the world.

Edited by CalibanX

That won't work with dogmeat. If memory serves last patch reduced his carrying to 25ish pounds. I think that can be augmented slightly with perks.

edit: Just going from what I have seen folks talk about. Had no desire to restart the game and deal with the various bugs reported.

edit2: On an upbeat note, I am looking forward to the mode being released, lots of the features sound neat like diseases. I can see us expanding that to include more things, with different cures. Possibly even radiant quests to cure various npcs of ailments for Doctors.

Edited by Mavkiel

No, it works. Dogmeat is carrying my missile launcher. But that's all he can carry. Which is fine with me, I mean, he is just a dog after all. But, I can see how the reduced carrying weight could unfairly affect the viability of large weapons until your character is high enough level to take advantage of the carrying capacity perks, Deep pockets, power armor etc.

No, it works. Dogmeat is carrying my missile launcher. But that's all he can carry. Which is fine with me, I mean, he is just a dog after all. But, I can see how the reduced carrying weight could unfairly affect the viability of large weapons until your character is high enough level to take advantage of the carrying capacity perks, Deep pockets, power armor etc.

They seriously need to get rid of 7lb missiles though. Make them reasonable, not 7lbs. I don't even collect that ammo, because as soon as I do, I need to immediately hike back to my main base and drop them off in case of some future event where I need a rocket launcher. Grenades and mines are much more viable than rocket launchers atm.

I'm not going to use any heavy weapons this playthrough probably until something is done. Earlier today I was playing in the early game, the assault on the Museum of Freedom, I must have burned through 500 rounds just killing the gristle and all the raiders before the Deathclaw finally showed up. Thankfully my character died to a single swipe, so I reloaded and made sure to save the minigun just for the deathclaw instead of using it up on the gristle and the raiders.

THe gristle was the EPITOME of a "bullet sponge" just for being a raider with higher health.

Edited by JimmyS1985

Missiles weight 7 units, yet NPCs will carry around an unlimited arsenal of them. Not to mention, NPCs often spam grenades, sometimes throwing two or three grenades with one toss.

Meh, I can take it. I'm around level 20 and my number of deaths is enough to keep the game interesting. When the game is difficult, every little advantage and perk you acquire feels meaningful. Humans aren't that tough no matter how many grenades they throw. It's the big, ugly monsters that take me out. Damn Deathclaws and Giant scorpions scare me silly. I always run away from them and call it a day.

Missiles weight 7 units, yet NPCs will carry around an unlimited arsenal of them. Not to mention, NPCs often spam grenades, sometimes throwing two or three grenades with one toss.

They really should up the damage on missiles, because using them feel like such a waste. Though, this also makes life harder for you as a player, hard to balance really.