Were these keywords always in fallout4.esm, or were they recently patched in?

JuJooGuppy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... how exactly does one add a category to an existing menu (for instance, Decorations)?

I've gone through mods that already add in categories, and I could swear I've done everything that they did, but my category doesn't show up, even when it's the only active mod.

Any tutorials that someone could direct me to would be very helpful.

Copy as override the menu FLST you want to add your category to.

Create the corresponding keyword

Insert your keyword into the copied keyword FLST.

Heh... it seems so obvious once I see it. Copy as *override*.

Thanks. That's what I was missing.

Thanks. That's what I was missing.Heh... it seems so obvious once I see it. Copy as *override*.

It's an easy mistake to make, so many times when someone's posting about a problem happening in FO4Edit it turns out to be getting override or new record backwards.

I (sort of) understand why it wasn't done this way, but wouldn't it be great if you could just do an "add" option where it inserts an extra item into a form list without replacing anyone else's additions?

Thanks. That's what I was missing.Heh... it seems so obvious once I see it. Copy as *override*.

It's an easy mistake to make, so many times when someone's posting about a problem happening in FO4Edit it turns out to be getting override or new record backwards.

I (sort of) understand why it wasn't done this way, but wouldn't it be great if you could just do an "add" option where it inserts an extra item into a form list without replacing anyone else's additions?

Well, you copy as override the FLST for main menu, then add a new entry to it via Add :P.

Well, you copy as override the FLST for main menu, then add a new entry to it via Add :tongue:.

Please forgive me if I'm being incredibly dense, but won't my override then replace anyone else's override which is lower in the load order? Which if we're both simply adding items to the list could cause conflict between our mods.

Well, you copy as override the FLST for main menu, then add a new entry to it via Add :tongue:.

Please forgive me if I'm being incredibly dense, but won't my override then replace anyone else's override which is lower in the load order? Which if we're both simply adding items to the list could cause conflict between our mods.

If you're making a patch for their mod, you copy their stuff, then add yours. It will override with conflict solving. If you only copy base game and insert your stuff, you'll have a conflict.

If you're making a patch for their mod, you copy their stuff, then add yours. It will override with conflict solving. If you only copy base game and insert your stuff, you'll have a conflict.

Ah thankyou but I think you misunderstood my original post. I was just saying it would be nice if there was a way that an edit to a form list which simply added to a form list could contain merely the addition without any substitution of existing records. That way any two mods which just added additional items to a list would automatically combine without any bashing or patching.

I understand that this isn't possible with xEdit because it isn't how the basic data structure of an esp works, this is pure daydreaming fantasy.

Ah thankyou but I think you misunderstood my original post. I was just saying it would be nice if there was a way that an edit to a form list which simply added to a form list could contain merely the addition without any substitution of existing records. That way any two mods which just added additional items to a list would automatically combine without any bashing or patching.

I understand that this isn't possible with xEdit because it isn't how the basic data structure of an esp works, this is pure daydreaming fantasy.

ah, yea.. we can live and dream :)