Activation Angle Realignment

nintai83

I have spent awhile trying to fix this problem. It is similar to the camera angle issue some people have. It's kinda hard to explain.

To anyone that can provide any input, thank you in advance.

When I talk to someone they look up at me like I am 12ft tall.

The closer I am to the target the more extreme the angle.

Also, when I activate something the angles are off there as well.

Say If I want to open a chest, I would have to stand right in front of it and look down at the ground to activate it.

This problem has happened after installing something rather than something that occurred in-game I believe.

The reason I believe this is because all save games including those prior to this problem are plagued by the same issue.

I have tried to remove the ini assuming something in there had been adjusted but there was no change.

Is it possible for an .esp to alter the .ini? I can't remember but I think I have seen this before.

As a side note: Can anyone tell me what the [interface] section sub points in the ini control specifically or point me to a guide that covers this section?

Edit: Added Load Order

Oblivion.esm

Qarls_Harvest.esm

TamrielTravellers.esm

CM Partners.esm

Lattamerv3.esm

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

MrSiika'sFoxes.esp

Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp

Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp

phinix-waterfix.esp

Silent Player Voice.esp

CampfireBehavior.esp

Book Jackets Oblivion.esp

Cats & Rats.esp

More_Animals.esp

personality_idles4.esp

P1DseeYouSleep.esp

phinix_master_summon.esp

Qarls_Harvest.esp

VA_BetterGold.esp

Living Economy.esp

Living Economy - Items.esp

moDem's City Life.esp

Crowded Roads 7.esp

Get Wet - just droplets.esp

sycNiceToMeetYou.esp

MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp

ArenaEyeCandyArmor.esp

Assassin_Blade.esp

BetterBedroll.esp

Corthian Akavir Clothing.esp

MODRoadRogue.esp

Retma Dresses.esp

XSPipeMod.esp

R18PN - Eisen Platte Armor.esp

Hentai_LovelySuits.esp

HGEC Rogue Mage & Scoundrel.esp

LG's Unscaled Enemies.esp

FarmAnimalsofCyrodiil.esp

Creatures Alive v1.3.esp

TamrielTravellers.esp

Akaviri Imports.esp

Fireflys Extended Cities.esp

BetterInns + NewHomeOwners.esp

The Duelists.esp

24HrArenaAliveV2Towers.esp

Harvest [Flora].esp

Roleplaying Dialogues.esp

Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp

DA Fatigued Running.esp

DA ReducedBackwardsRunningSpeed.esp

DA Sprint.esp

RealisticForceMedium.esp

Syc_AtHomeAlchemy.esp

RenGuardOverhaul.esp

No_Raiment_Ring-9336.esp

DMC Stylish - Specialanims.esp

CM Partners.esp

_Ren_BeautyPack_full.esp

Assassins Creed - Altair's Gear - Heavy Armor.esp

Edited by nintai83

If you're suspecting a recent mod install (not an unlikely thing to suspect) why don't you give us a list of recent mod installs or a complete mod list (preferably exported from OBMM or Wrye Bash enclosed between ["spoiler"] your list ["/spoiler"] tags without the quote marks used so they'll display here).

I just reinstalled Oblivion after leaving for Mass Effect 2 and have been going through the long and arduous process of modding it. That's why I didn't list any recent installs. I also tried launching the game without any .esp activated. The character remains messed up. I was shooting in the dark asking if it could be a mod. I can still list my load order if you think it could help. Are there settings in the .ini I could check that correspond to this problem?

Note: I forgot to mention I am having the problem in both 1st and 3rd person views.

Edit: Added load order in main post.

Edited by nintai83

Hmm ... I half expected to see DR6, there have been reports of similar problems especially after it was first released (more aiming related using bows if I recall correctly). Here's a link to the page with Interface Variables from Koroush Ghazi's Oblivion Tweak Guide, but I doubt you'll find any help there. The fDlgFocus variable controls how close to you an NPC appears when you open the dialogue interface, and the iSafeZone variables control where the HUD appears on screen (if there any other variables Koroush doesn't document them). I'm guessing that your MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp is for Roberts male body version 4 ... are you sure you have the correct skeleton.nif for the body (I don't use Roberts, so I'm not really up to speed on it, but mismatched skeleton and bodies can have side effects). The only other mod in your list that pops out to me is LG's Unscaled Enemies.esp. I'm not familiar with the mod, does it change enemy size?

You my friend are a scholar and a gentleman. :D

My angle is back to normal and your kudos level just went to 34.

I apologize for the delayed response.

As soon as I heard you mention DR6 I knew the culprit.

I had previously attempted a manual uninstallation of that mod... 800+ files.

It would seem I was unsuccesfull. ^^'

However, I was able to completely remove the files this time.

I recommend to anyone about to install DR6 to read the uninstallation section of the DR6 read me prior to installing the mod manually

...as it warns to install with OBMM or BAIN.

Thank you very much for your help.

Also, I appreciate the link to the tweak guide.

LG's Unscaled Enemies description: The purpose behind this mod is to get rid of the unrealistic "scaling" of enemies in Oblivion to your character's level. Creatures and NPC's now have fixed levels at particular values based on certain assumptions (ie., vampires are stronger than bandits, etc.) While outdoors, the kind of monsters found in the wilderness will depend on which environment you are in and the individual rarity of the monster.

Edited by nintai83