Workshop DLC compatability

VIitS

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked all I can think of. At this point, pretty much all left is the collision saying that is dirt. After all, collision says what material it actually is, not the textures. It's what tells the sounds scripts what to play when you walk on top of it :)

Okay, if you open up DLCWorkshop01.esm in FO4Edit, you can see that they've changed the Navmesh Gen Cell. (Block 7/Sub-block 3/Cell 00000025)

Not sure if that change is in order to support the garden plot or not, but it does make it possible (albeit strange) that it's through the Navmesh.

Edited by PoliteRaider

I checked all I can think of. At this point, pretty much all left is the collision saying that is dirt. After all, collision says what material it actually is, not the textures. It's what tells the sounds scripts what to play when you walk on top of it :smile:

Yeah you're probably right. On the plus side, rumour is that the niftools people are getting a pretty good understanding of collision at the moment, so I'm hoping we'll get some new tools in nifskope to work with them soon.

Also of note, not long ago I was right up against the keyword limit so far as I could tell, I had to remove one to get one of my workshop menus to show up. Now, I edited OCD and Homemaker to work with this DLC, and have all the menus as far as I can see. So, I am really leaning towards it being fixed as mentioned. Will be doing some keyword overhauls just to check it thoroughly, so I wont say "yes its fixed" yet, but it seems that way for me thus far, but I could still be wrong of course.