Who still plays Fallout 3 ?

rico101

Like a couple others here I only recently started playing FO3 : GOTY.

With all the mods available it occured to me I might not have to ever buy another game in my life.

The possibilites here are endless. You can play as anyone, young or old. You can add alternate endings or beginnings. The list goes on and on. You can have a more harsh wasteland. You can have a beautiful wasteland. You can start a settlement. You can wander alone. You can make your own damn army. It's amazing to me.

Hell, you don't even have to play in the wasteland at all. Along with other out of DC area mods someone even made Iceland. Heh. Who needs Vegas when you can go to Iceland. It's all just way cool.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got FO3 after I had been playing Oblivion for awhile. I didn't like it at first. The world of TES 4 was so much more beautiful and vibrant. Plus I was unfamiliar with the game and got my butt dusted pretty good at the beginning. Then I got NV for Christmas. I got captivated by that and played for several months. I just went back to FO3 to make some new videos. I actually started playing the game, and now have it modded and like it. BUT, neither of these two will ever replace Oblivion's appeal for me. Truth be told, Morrowind is still my favorite of them all.

I'm not sure if this is just in my head.

But Fallout 3 has a certain kind of charm that New Vegas.. or any other "sequel" will ever have!

Call me lame, because for me, Fallout 3 is the real Nostalgia.. i know.. im not a "real" fan for not liking the originals.. im just a younger generation :(

After not playing FO3 for a year plus something, I decided to play it again. This time I got my courage up to add more than just very basic mods, and (other than the basic plot structure), it's like a whole new game that I'm enjoying immensely. I liked FNV, too, but Fallout 3 is my favorite of the two games.

New Vegas is a pretty weak experience in comparison with FO3, so I'd say I'm VERY much still playing the third game.

Kind of funny how the one game not made by Interplay was the one with the best 'fallout' world building...

i started with vegas and lost a little interest along the way (i think i'm on the path to the last set of NCR missions) and stopped playing for a while.

picked up fallout3 GOTY and missed a lot of the things that vegas had (iron sights, hardcore mode, weapon mods etc) and i couldn't get into it at all because of this, then i found mods! :D i've basically modded my fallout3 to be as close to vanilla as possible but improved it by upgraded textures and retrofitting things from vegas but i didn't want to add totally new things in, yet.

so now i'm playing through fallout3 as that is unlikely to change much for me now and using vegas as a testbed to see what mods i'll use for it when i restart once all the DLC is out and also hopefully the mods will have matured by then.

i do like 3's intro section growing up compared to waking up at doc's house, that was so much better for what essential does the same thing.

I liked Fallout 3 more than New Vegas. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed both games, but I must have finished Fallout 3 10 times or so. Don't really have the same desire with New Vegas. Now if I could just fix my loading problems with Vanilla Fallout 3, I can try modding it - should never have done whatever it was I did to make the game stop running.....

I do.

My machine won't run the NV properly and, to be honest, I haven't tried out even half of the mods I'd like to try before I make my definite load order.

I bought the GOTY FO3 few months ago and still havent done all possible quests or explored whole wasteland, haven't been in the Pitt yet, never got further into mainland in Point Lookout (got stuck ecploring around the pier), playing broken steel was interrupted by CTD, I have been in space and killed all those abominations. I might had played everything already, but there are these crashes to desktop wich make me stop playing for a while, week ago I was exploring and going to check out the Oasis.... then it happend again CTD. Someday I WILL finish the game, this I will promise.

New Vegas hasn't crashed... yet, first played it favouring Yes Man. First playtrough was quick, almost straight walk to Vegas and then it was over... now I'm trying to explore surroundings more. It's hard to me explore areas if there is this main quest haunting in my pipboy, just like in FO3.

When got bored playing I downloaded some mods and still try do something in Capital Wasteland.

*Is there any "no crash" patches or anything?

Edited by pelaaja