OBGEv3 causes game to malfunction

Subdivided

Allright, for some odd reason, everything (OBGE core, shaders and Liquid Water v2) works!

See below for what I did, although it was 'highly discouraged', said the ReadMe file. (This didn't work the first 2 attempts, for some reason it does now, maby altering the registry might have helped).

-> Have OBSEv2 already installed, I didn't use any mod manager to get this working (except for switching on the Liquid Water esp, but I could've used the Oblivion launcher though).

1. Copy the folders Extras, OBSE, Shaders and Textures found in the latest OBGEv3 Core package to your Oblivion Data folder. (I didn't copy the support .esp).

2. Copy content of the 00 Core folder found in the latest 'OBGEv3 Standalone Shaders' to your Data folder.

3. Also copy the sunglare fix for Godrays to your Data folder.

For liquid water I turned of Water ripples in Oblivion Options and copied every folder, including the .esp to my Data folder.

I then enabled the Liquid Water.esp with OBMM.

Defragmenting, cleaning my HDD and using CCleaner helped I think. Oblivion didn't crash so far, so I thank you for all your effort ;).

Well, I find it weird that the instructions given by the official packages are not working, and saying that manual installation is highly discouraged...

Lucky that it works for me, I've done everything again just like I did last time for a final check, and it works perfectly without crashes, bugs or conflicts.

I'm a manual install type myself, but if I ever installed something like OBGE I'd probably use OBMM or BAIN (well BAIN if I ever learned how to use it). Score one for the old school guys.