Strange bug

Nealus

Hello.

After reinstalling my game I fixed evererything up and with 92 mods and a ton of replacer it's surprisingly stable.

But... there's one thing that I can't get rid of. I know the principes of how every mod work and really don'r know what might have caused it.

When I'm trying to use chair, bench or any other furniture, my character stays in the place. Seat animation is not playing.

Character can't move like if he seats, but he stand not far from the bench. When I use furniture, it's 3-rd person for a moment, and then first person again.

And all NPCs can seat.

My load order (load order txt contains many strange symbols):

http://s011.radikal.ru/i318/1106/d5/4344bac07bd3.jpg

Well, I'm not sure if this helps, but...

I once had about the same problem, only with horses. Activate horse, move to correct position, and nothing....

It turned out I had somehow corrupted my skeleton (?). Replacing my character skeleton fixed it, though I'm still not sure how or why.

Here's an excerpt from the UESP Wiki for Umaril the Unfeathered that has some tips that may help you:

After returning to the Priory from the final battle with Umaril, the player may encounter a bug where they lose the ability to sit; either no sitting animation plays and the player appears to be standing but can't move, or the player sits on nothing beside the chair/bench. The cause of this is an idle animation with bad conditions that "sticks" to the player. There is no known way of fixing this with console commands, but it may go away by itself after extended gameplay when many other animations have been applied to the player.

The player is required to sit at the beginning of the Shivering Isles expansion, but the game recognizes when the player is seated even though it does not appear visually.

The player is also required to sit at the end of the quest The Ultimate Heist. This bug can make it possible for the cutscene to freeze at this point and therefore the player never receives the scroll. The bug also changes the way vampires feed because they are standing up and there is no animation but the message still goes on.

This bug is fixed by the Unofficial Official Mods Patch.

There is a workaround though; Switch the view to 1st person and attempt to sit. The view will change to 3rd person. Do not press any button. The view will then switch back to 1st person after about 10 seconds and you will be "sitting". When you get up, the view will switch to 3rd person. Wait for the view to switch back and you will have successfully sat down.