Verona House Bloodlines - dialogue speed problem

NebulaB

Hello,

I just installed the Bloodlines mod. It seems that the dialogue with NPCs isn't working right. The text appears on the screen for an unusually short time. In many cases, it's not there long enough to actually read it. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks a bunch,

-Neb

You probably haven't installed the sound files, or installed them in the wrong folder. Have a look for a sounds folder in your download that's missing or misplaced in your Data folder. Not sure which version you're using ... the original Verona House Bloodlines or Verona House Bloodlines SI Fixed (updated by Arthmoor). I see a Verona House Bloodlines V12 Normalised Voices as well (for the original if I'm not mistaken).

You probably haven't installed the sound files, or installed them in the wrong folder. Have a look for a sounds folder in your download that's missing or misplaced in your Data folder. Not sure which version you're using ... the original Verona House Bloodlines or Verona House Bloodlines SI Fixed (updated by Arthmoor). I see a Verona House Bloodlines V12 Normalised Voices as well (for the original if I'm not mistaken).

Well, here's what I did (please let me know if I've done something wrong). I uncompressed the 7zip file, and it unpacked a folder called "data," which included three subfolders (called "meshes," "sound," and "textures") as well as the VHBloodlines 1.2.esp. I placed the esp file into my Oblivion data folder, and placed the other three subfolders into the main Oblivion directory.

From the read me (emphasis mine):

1. Extract each in turn to a temporary location and check the file structures.

2. Each folder has been designed to be dropped straight into you oblivion folder. Copy or move them to that location

3.When prompted select overwrite.

4.Copy the relevant esp's to the data folder

5.Start Oblivion and select VHBloodlines 1.2 in the Data tab.

6. Prepare fot the fight of your life.

So far the mod seems to run, but there is no audio for the voices, and as I described before, the text for the dialogue is too quick to read. I have the feeling that the subfolders are not where they should be. If I place them into my data directory, wont they overwrite the default textures folder? I expect that eventually I will encounter the missing textures while playing the mod.

Also, with regard to step 3 above, I was never prompted to overwrite anything.

Can you please let me know if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks very much,

-Neb

When you extracted the download was the folder structure Data\meshes, Data\textures and Data\sound? If that is so then the way to install is to right click the Data folder from the extracted archive in your temporary folder and select 'Copy' from the right click menu. In the folder with Oblivion installed find the folder Oblivion and right click it. Select 'Paste' from the right click menu and then answer yes to the prompt about overwriting folders. The rule of thumb is always paste into one folder level higher than you copied (i.e. if you copy data and it's subfolder contents you paste into the Oblivion folder ... if you copy the meshes folder you paste into the Data folder). If you look in your Oblivion folder now you should see Oblivion\meshes, Oblivion\textures and Oblivion\sound (judging by your description of how you installed). The game will only look in specific places for different types of resources. The esp files always go into the Data folder (when copying files as opposed to folders you paste into the folder you want it to wind up in, so in this case you'd right click Data and select paste). Sometimes mods will come already setup with the esp located in the data folder so it gets copied to the correct location when copying and pasting the Data folder. Other times, especially when there are different esp files for different aspects of a mod, the esp files will be located outside the Data folder when you first extract the archive, and you will select which esp you're going to install and only copy that esp to the Data folder.

Your note above about never being prompted about overwriting is the best way to know you're not copying to the correct folder ... the right way will always trigger the overwrite prompt. If you look at your folder structure with Windows Explorer and see either a meshes, textures or sound folder in your Oblivion folder or you see a Data inside your Data or a meshes inside your meshes, textures inside your textures etc. you know you've copied in the wrong folder. Just delete the misplaced folder and copy/paste to the correct spot.

When you extracted the download was the folder structure Data\meshes, Data\textures and Data\sound? If that is so then the way to install is to right click the Data folder from the extracted archive in your temporary folder and select 'Copy' from the right click menu. In the folder with Oblivion installed find the folder Oblivion and right click it. Select 'Paste' from the right click menu and then answer yes to the prompt about overwriting folders. The rule of thumb is always paste into one folder level higher than you copied (i.e. if you copy data and it's subfolder contents you paste into the Oblivion folder ... if you copy the meshes folder you paste into the Data folder). If you look in your Oblivion folder now you should see Oblivion\meshes, Oblivion\textures and Oblivion\sound (judging by your description of how you installed). The game will only look in specific places for different types of resources. The esp files always go into the Data folder (when copying files as opposed to folders you paste into the folder you want it to wind up in, so in this case you'd right click Data and select paste). Sometimes mods will come already setup with the esp located in the data folder so it gets copied to the correct location when copying and pasting the Data folder. Other times, especially when there are different esp files for different aspects of a mod, the esp files will be located outside the Data folder when you first extract the archive, and you will select which esp you're going to install and only copy that esp to the Data folder.

Your note above about never being prompted about overwriting is the best way to know you're not copying to the correct folder ... the right way will always trigger the overwrite prompt. If you look at your folder structure with Windows Explorer and see either a meshes, textures or sound folder in your Oblivion folder or you see a Data inside your Data or a meshes inside your meshes, textures inside your textures etc. you know you've copied in the wrong folder. Just delete the misplaced folder and copy/paste to the correct spot.

Awesome - thanks!!!

-Neb