Automatron - Essential Bots for arena fights!

ArtMurder

I recently built an arena using the Wasteland Workshop to fight my robots from Autrmatron!

Woo DLC! As awesome as it was though, it was pretty anti climatic, as one died within 15 seconds...

I can't seem to find this mod, despite it being simple enough in concept...

I want the robots I build with automatron to be essential! The other robot companions I use are already essential, so it's not over powered. However, it would allow me to have MUCH more fun with the arena fight, instead of losing a ton of valuable resources and robot parts after a 15 second fight, I could just repair it with a robot repair kit, pat him on the back, and restart the fight within a few minutes.

It also feels silly that it takes me like 10 times longer to set up these fights then they last... ! I don't have the resources yet to just throw dozens of robots into the fray! The settlers seemed disappointed it took them longer to walk over then the fight lasted!

Edited by ArtMurder

Should be possible with console commands. Try "setessential <baseid> 1". Note that you need the baseid, so you need to use the "help name 4" and replace name with the actual name of what you want to find the baseid of. Haven't tried this command on the Automatron robots yet, so can't guarantee it will work but I can't imagine why it wouldn't.

Should be possible with console commands. Try "setessential <baseid> 1". Note that you need the baseid, so you need to use the "help name 4" and replace name with the actual name of what you want to find the baseid of. Haven't tried this command on the Automatron robots yet, so can't guarantee it will work but I can't imagine why it wouldn't.

I'm playin on survival mode, is there any way around the console commands being turned off... ?

You would have to disable Survival mode either way.The Beta turns off mods.

No it doesn't. Just put a * next to the mod in the plugins.txt

You can't just "disable" survival mode either as far as I know...

I'm playin on survival mode, is there any way around the console commands being turned off... ?

If that's permanent and not just a side-effect of the beta, I'm guessing there will be a mod that makes console commands available again soon enough.