Light Sources on Weapons

Natterforme

Sahardoom in DwemerPlasmaBladesV2 main file have a lightsaber weapon that use torch mesh.

Maybe u can try to do something with it...I ever tried to use it (the lightsaber torch) as a weapon, but since the ID in CS is still weapon, so it didn't produce light.

I have a question:

If we use grap button (z in my computer), we can move the ground mesh such as glowing gem whereever we want to.

& i can still grab the glowing gem while running...

So can we create a script that move the ground glowing gem to follow the weapon movement while attacking, running, etc?

If so, maybe the problem solved...am i right? :ohdear:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! :yes:

Quickly, give it a try... :dance:

Just one teeny point - have you ANY idea how badly this would hit your frame rate if you managed to get it to work?

Mmm...i just want to comment about the lag: When i grab the glowing gem & run around Cyrodiil, it's not that bad.

So i'm just hoping if we already found the script that makes the gem follows the weapon, the lag won't cause us trouble... :thumbsup:

Cheerz...

Edited by lovender

The lag will probably be fine IF you are the only one with a fancy glowing weapon. Add a group of eight Sith Zombies with dual-ended light-sabre-quarterstaffs, though ... :(

Wow...& then the game will hang......LOL :laugh:

Thanks, Mark... :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Btw, can we make the weapon to produce light with glow_map? :thumbsup:

I saw an image with armor that glows & casts shadows to the ground...

Edited by lovender