Mod Houses?

dcinroc

I've recently been getting back into Oblivion and hadn't tried any of the house mods before. With about 1400 files in the "Abode" category, I'm not sure what to go for.

I was hoping for a place that is "comanion friendly" with places for them sleep and do their thing. Town or country homes are fine, though prefer not to be out in total isolation.

Also, something that isn't too intrusive on the surrounding neighbourhood. I tried out one, but it seemd to mess up the pathing of the locals and they'd keep walking into the side of my house.

Any suggestions?

I have made a list of companionfriendly houses that I know of. Please bear in mind that this list is by no means comprehensive, it's only houses that I know of and that others have recommended. Here is a link to the list.

Thanks guys! Some great suggestions.

I have made a list of companionfriendly houses that I know of. Please bear in mind that this list is by no means comprehensive, it's only houses that I know of and that others have recommended. Here is a link to the list.

I've been looking over your mods and am impressed. I have downloaded a few of your houses, but have only gotten a chance to use Lakeview in-game. Still haven't seen the inside, since I am using a new character who is too low level to kill that blasted witch at the moment! In any case, it's a great location for a house. :thumbsup:

Check out Tchos' Mage Tower. It has one floor set aside for companions, with 6 beds, and COBL-based replenishing food and drink. One of the other levels has enchanting and spellmaking altars, as well as automated alchemy and potion-making . Plenty of books in the library shelves along the walls, along with several written by the former owner of the place. Lots of great "feel," and it completely avoids the "I M LICH N EEEEVIL" approach. What it lacks frankly is any display space for armor, weapons, and mannequins, but I've used the Armory Lab 5 to get that.

I've been looking over your mods and am impressed. I have downloaded a few of your houses, but have only gotten a chance to use Lakeview in-game. Still haven't seen the inside, since I am using a new character who is too low level to kill that blasted witch at the moment! In any case, it's a great location for a house. :thumbsup:

Thank you :). Just to clarify... I'm thinking you might be mixing up my Lakeside Home and Lakeview by Vince Bly, as I never have made anything that includes a witch but I know that his mod does... Vince Bly's Abandoned Mountain shack is companionfriendly, but I *think* (although I'm not sure) that Lakeview only has a single-bed. Well, you'll find out after killing that witch...

EDIT: I have looked at his screenshots and it appears that Lakeview has a double-bed which hopefully can be used by companions. I do not know if the abode is pathgridded etc.

Edited by Emma

Thank you :). Just to clarify... I'm thinking you might be mixing up my Lakeside Home and Lakeview by Vince Bly, as I never have made anything that includes a witch but I know that his mod does... Vince Bly's Abandoned Mountain shack is companionfriendly, but I *think* (although I'm not sure) that Lakeview only has a single-bed. Well, you'll find out after killing that witch...

EDIT: I have looked at his screenshots and it appears that Lakeview has a double-bed which hopefully can be used by companions. I do not know if the abode is pathgridded etc.

Oops! Mea culpa!

I did indeed confuse the two. DL'd both at about the same time. :wacko: