No Sound After Installing Oblivion Mod Manager

Hello everyone!

I am posting this topic in regards to a problem that I encountered after installing the Oblivion Mod Manager. For some reason, after I launch Oblivion (through the normal shortcut) I enter the title screen and there is no sound. There is not even a little tune when the menu appears on my desktop after inserting the disk. I installed it in the directory C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion . Before I installed OMM, the sound was working fine (though it was jittering a little bit). Also, I noticed that the OMM on tesnexus had an update to download. How to install the update onto OMM? Also below is some information that might help.

-I am using a Windows XP

-The current version of Oblivion I have is 1.20416

-I recently reinstalled oblivion, but that itself had a problem. For some reason, the setup.exe was gone. I had to put the disc in and uninstall by using the disk. Is it possible OMM erased my sound files?

I appreciate the help. Thank you.

The update download is only for people who had older versions of OBMM installed (versions prior to version 1.1.12). If you downloaded and installed obmm 1_1_12 full installer you have the latest version. Actually uninstalling from the disk is the most thorough way to uninstall. Oblivion Mod Manager should not affect your sound files. Have you installed or activated some mods with it since installing OBMM?

Hello everyone!

I am posting this topic in regards to a problem that I encountered after installing the Oblivion Mod Manager. For some reason, after I launch Oblivion (through the normal shortcut) I enter the title screen and there is no sound. There is not even a little tune when the menu appears on my desktop after inserting the disk. I installed it in the directory C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion . Before I installed OMM, the sound was working fine (though it was jittering a little bit). Also, I noticed that the OMM on tesnexus had an update to download. How to install the update onto OMM? Also below is some information that might help.

-I am using a Windows XP

-The current version of Oblivion I have is 1.20416

-I recently reinstalled oblivion, but that itself had a problem. For some reason, the setup.exe was gone. I had to put the disc in and uninstall by using the disk. Is it possible OMM erased my sound files?

I appreciate the help. Thank you.

Beforehand I did. I can't remember what they were though, I think one of them was Ruin's Tail. One thing I did find odd though was even though I uninstalled Oblivion, it still saved my saves (even when checked delete everything). These saves were saves that had mods on them. Perhaps that has something to do with it. How do I know when I uninstalled Oblivion that it uninstalled everything?

Your saves and oblivion.ini aren't located in the game install folder so they aren't uninstalled along with the game. Have a look through bben46's uninstall/re-install guide to get a better understanding of what to do for a complete re-install of Oblivion.