How to Use BSAopt? (Wiki Down)

I assume you have it set to Fallout when you pack. Only thing I've had problems with is LOD settings not working when packed and I know BSAopt doesn't flag that properly in the BSA. IIRC others have had issues with audio before and it might be due to what version you are using.

Also I don't compress when I pack the BSA, since it will be zipped anyway for upload. Only time I've ever had to compress was when the BSA went over 2GB but that was for Skyrim.

There's a drop-down menu for compression level, but the vanilla game itself doesn't pack the mp3s in Data\Music and Data\Sound\songs\radionv in a BSA. Reason unknown but when in doubt, I always look to see what the game maker did.

I assume you have it set to Fallout when you pack. Only thing I've had problems with is LOD settings not working when packed and I know BSAopt doesn't flag that properly in the BSA. IIRC others have had issues with audio before and it might be due to what version you are using.

Also I don't compress when I pack the BSA, since it will be zipped anyway for upload. Only time I've ever had to compress was when the BSA went over 2GB but that was for Skyrim.

Thanks for the tip. What happened with the LOD?

There's a drop-down menu for compression level, but the vanilla game itself doesn't pack the mp3s in Data\Music and Data\Sound\songs\radionv in a BSA. Reason unknown but when in doubt, I always look to see what the game maker did.

Damn. I forgot to check that. Nice catch.

There's a whole heap of flags that the BSA packers need to tick so the game knows what type of files are in each BSA. Apparently they aren't all known and BSAopt doesn't set the flag needed for LOD settings to work, you have to include those files loose or your LOD will fail.

You can pack LOD meshes and textures with BSAOpt. But you have to leave the .DLODSettings file loose. For example with Project Brazil, Data\LODSettings\00BlackBearCanyon01.DLODSettings needs to be loose.

Another program - BSASharp, handles the .DLODSettings file just fine, but I had problems with that and sound files:/

You can pack LOD meshes and textures with BSAOpt. But you have to leave the .DLODSettings file loose. For example with Project Brazil, Data\LODSettings\00BlackBearCanyon01.DLODSettings needs to be loose.
Another program - BSASharp, handles the .DLODSettings file just fine, but I had problems with that and sound files:/

Ah well, you can't have everything, eh? Sounds like no matter what, they'll be some loose files, but at least I can finally clean up the textures and meshes (and don't need to worry about how much of a mess the file structure may or may not be >.>)