ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Press T to Trade

dainsgames

For every NPC, I'd like to be able to instantly open the Trade window without having to go through their frickin' song and dance. Traders are bad enough with their 'eh, back again? You gonna buy something this time?" delay before you can even get to the conversation tree to open the Trade window.

But settlers are the WORST. Having them slowly stand up, turn to face me, then throw out up to ten seconds worth of useless dialogue I've heard before, then make me hit E again and again to stop them from going back to work before I can get the conversation tree up is just rage-inducing. And I've got dozens of them to equip and then revisit for upgrades in the future.

So I'd LOVE a one-key option to get to the Trade window so I can get things done. Got a whole Commonwealth to resurrect, an Institute to fight, a son to rescue, and a crapton of other stuff to take care of for people, know what I'm saying?

Thanks for reading!

Edit: well will you look at that, there's a console command for this - targetID.openActorContainer 1. It opens any NPC's inventory directly.

This would possibly work for settlers, but I'm not sure if it would bring up the Trade menu for traders. Still, the settlers are the (much) bigger problem, so I would be very happy if this worked out for them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...