Going to buy new computer

mccrab

I'm going to buy a new computer and I have found two different builds, but I can't decide wich I should get.

The first one looks like this:

Intel core i7 2600k

Radeon HD 6950 2GB

Intel P67 based mainboard

8GB 1333MHz DDR3 memory

60GB SSD drive

1 TB HDD

And the second one looks like this:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

Radeon HD 6870 1GB

AMD870 based mainboard

8GB 1333MHz DDR3 memory

60GB SSD drive

1 TB HDD

The first one looks like it's more powerfull, but it's also a bit more expensive. What do you think, wich of these two I should get? I'm hoping to run Skyrim with high setting.

I'm going to buy a new computer and I have found two different builds, but I can't decide wich I should get.

The first one looks like this:

Intel core i7 2600k

Radeon HD 6950 2GB

Intel P67 based mainboard

8GB 1333MHz DDR3 memory

60GB SSD drive

1 TB HDD

And the second one looks like this:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

Radeon HD 6870 1GB

AMD870 based mainboard

8GB 1333MHz DDR3 memory

60GB SSD drive

1 TB HDD

The first one looks like it's more powerfull, but it's also a bit more expensive. What do you think, wich of these two I should get? I'm hoping to run Skyrim with high setting.

if money is not a concern, go for the 1st one (it's a little better)

edit: typos + grammar

Edited by survivalist92

At first I was going to get it but as it seemed a bit overkill I looked for other options. What I forgot to mention is that both builds come also with Blue ray disc writer.

The shop allows you to change the components of the build, so I was going to switch the Blue ray writer to a DVD writer and maybe leave out the SSD drive to save couple of hundread euros, and maybe get logitech driving force gt.

Yes it is pre built. The store allows you change parts but I don't know if they offer other than AMD Radeon cards.

The first one costs about 1400 euros and the second one 1200 euros. The price will drop if I'm going to choose a DVD writer instead of Blue-ray writer and leave out the SSD disc.

One question that came to my mind is whether I should buy a pre-built computer, or to order the parts separately. I know that I could get some of the parts cheaper if I get them somewhere else. But the thing is that, how do I know that the parts fit each other if I order the parts separately?

the parts will fit. it doesnt matter who makes what, as long as the motherboard supports your Ram and CPU and stuff then your set.

Well my main concern was the mainboard.

I asked the the store if it's possible to leave out the SSD drive and chance the Blue ray writer to a dvd writer, the answer was that it is possible and the new price will be about 1100 euros, so I think I'm going to get that.