Help with MODS and Oblivion.

Kamus

Hello. I've been downloading loads of Mods in order to make my experience with this game a good one. I followed a small recommended list - small being the joke - and downloaded a few, probably 30 or 40 mods. I've installed them with Wrye Bash and OBMM, have the necessary OBSE, and am quite frustrated by the fact I don't quite know what's wrong. It's the second time I've been faced with such a problem, and in the first time I just gave up, uninstalled everything and played the game bare. Which leads to this day, when I don't want to play it bare anymore. I do want to play with all the mods I've downloaded, so I'd like a few advises.

I've uploaded how the Installation tab looks like on Wrye Bash, and how my OBMM looks like. Any tips would be gladly received.

Have a good night, and thanks in advance.

Edited by Kamus

Installing a whole bunch of mods and then testing is expecting a lot of ducks to line up perfectly just by random chance. I see some pretty complicated mods in your list too. Before you uninstall all those mods you could try running BOSS (Better Oblivion Sorting Software) with an updated list and then rebuild your bashed patch with Wrye Bash. If you've already taken those steps I think you'd be best to: A) try uninstalling a block of mods at a time and test in between untill the game runs, then add the uninstalled mods back in one at a time until it breaks ... then you'll have somewhere to start troubleshooting getting it running or B) uninstall all the mods and confirm the game runs back at vanilla then add the mods back in one at a time testing in between. MarkInMKUK recently posted some installation order advice on another thread ... if you can find that post it may be of some help.

I wonder if there's any problem with my installing a majority of those mods by Wrye Bash. Will probably try it out, installing manually. Plus, I used BOSS many, many times, and the load order it gives me is completely screwed up. All_natural.esm or something goes on top of Oblivion.esm.