Horrible graphics

frakle

Ok, so I just got a awesome new computer which I know can handle Oblivion graphics, because my old crappy computer could run them, albeit with lowered draw distance and such, and this new one owns the crap out of it. But now I go in and it's BAD. It looks like a game from 2003 from a really bad graphics game. It's that bad. Then, when I try to change it to where it doesn't look like virtual poo on a stick, it won't change! What's going on??? The only mods I have installed are shivering isles, knights of the nine, UOP, USIP, and UOMP. Edited by frakle

Remember that 99% of the screenshots you see have been done with something like Qarl's texture Pack, HGEC body replacer, Ozmo's Hi-Res Skin Textures, Oblivion Grapohics Extender, Sharder replacers, water replacers, grass replacers, tree replacers, the lot...

... AND often Photoshopped to boot.

Also the default display for menus is designed to match the Consol version, so it's in headline-sized text for the hard of seeing. Many people use either BTMod or Darn UI mods to improve that

Yes, the game IS capable of decent graphics, but it is NOT supplied with them.

Remember that 99% of the screenshots you see have been done with something like Qarl's texture Pack, HGEC body replacer, Ozmo's Hi-Res Skin Textures, Oblivion Grapohics Extender, Sharder replacers, water replacers, grass replacers, tree replacers, the lot...

... AND often Photoshopped to boot.

Also the default display for menus is designed to match the Consol version, so it's in headline-sized text for the hard of seeing. Many people use either BTMod or Darn UI mods to improve that

Yes, the game IS capable of decent graphics, but it is NOT supplied with them.

No, my old computer was churning out far better graphics than what I have now, and I don't download graphics mods.

OK, so look at your graphics settings. If you let it auto-detect your card, and it didn't recognise it, it may have set the lowest settings it can manage. Set the resolution to the native resolution of your monitor, and start from that point. Edited by MarkInMKUK

OK, so look at your graphics settings. If you let it auto-detect your card, and it didn't recognise it, it may have set the lowest settings it can manage. Set the resolution to the native resolution of your monitor, and start from that point.

sometimes i feel so stupid. I was changing graphic settings from the game instead of the "play, datafiles, etc." screen you get when you click the shortcut ._.

Well, what is your graphic card? And remember, Oblivion cannot detect newer graphic card, and may misidentify Radeon HD 5xxx series as way older GeForce FX5xxx series. Use Launcher to set graphic option preset firtst, then re-configurate it in-game. When it's done, open console, type 'saveini'. It will save your graphic configurations in Oblivion.ini.